Wintory named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
Debra Wintory has been named the director of the Chamber of Commerce Division for the Economic Development Center of Washington County (Delta EDC). Wintory brings over 13 years’ experience in the public and private sectors, most recently as the public relations specialist at Delta Regional Medical Center.
She has been in Greenville for three years, and has been involved in many community activities such as the Delta Cotton Belles and the Advertising Federation of Mississippi Delta Chapter.
Previously, Wintory had been employed at Debut & Citadel Broadcasting as an account representative and has had chamber of commerce experience with the Little Rock (Ark.) Regional Chamber of Commerce. Wintory’s organizational and teambuilding skills were also honed while she worked as a membership specialist/program director for Girl Scouts in northern Arkansas for four years.
Originally from Van Buren, Ark., she graduated from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville with a degree in journalism-advertising/public relations.
Her husband, Dr. Blake Wintory, is assistant director at Lakeport Plantation in Lake Village, Ark. They have a six-month-old daughter, Janey Marie.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility