Wintory named director
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
Debra Wintory has been named the director of the Chamber of Commerce Division for the Economic Development Center of Washington County (Delta EDC). Wintory brings over 13 years’ experience in the public and private sectors, most recently as the public relations specialist at Delta Regional Medical Center.
She has been in Greenville for three years, and has been involved in many community activities such as the Delta Cotton Belles and the Advertising Federation of Mississippi Delta Chapter.
Previously, Wintory had been employed at Debut & Citadel Broadcasting as an account representative and has had chamber of commerce experience with the Little Rock (Ark.) Regional Chamber of Commerce. Wintory’s organizational and teambuilding skills were also honed while she worked as a membership specialist/program director for Girl Scouts in northern Arkansas for four years.
Originally from Van Buren, Ark., she graduated from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville with a degree in journalism-advertising/public relations.
Her husband, Dr. Blake Wintory, is assistant director at Lakeport Plantation in Lake Village, Ark. They have a six-month-old daughter, Janey Marie.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs