Baker Donelson merges with Texas law firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 24,2011
JACKSON — Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has merged with the Houston law firm of Spain Chambers, marking Baker Donelson’s entry into Texas.
The merger of Spain Chambers into Baker Donelson brings the firm’s total number of attorneys and advisors to nearly 620 across 17 offices in six states and Washington, D.C. The firm will maintain the name of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz.
Ben C. Adams, chairman and CEO of Baker Donelson, said, “Expanding into the Texas market enhances Baker Donelson’s ability to serve the needs of existing clients who have substantial interests in Houston and throughout Texas. And with our already established presence in Louisiana, Texas was a logical market for growth, given its economic vitality, geographic proximity and economic connection with Louisiana. The timing and decision to move into Texas now just made sense for us, and with their strong reputation and solid experience, Spain Chambers is a great fit for our clients’ needs.”
Spain Chambers is a full-service law firm representing businesses throughout Texas, including Fortune 500 clients as well as entrepreneurs, privately-held companies and multinational corporations. The firm serves clients in a range of industries, including energy and oil field services, manufacturing, engineering, real estate, construction, healthcare and information. Its practice areas include litigation across a wide variety of industries and specializations as well as corporate and real estate transactions, and tax and estate planning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics