Highway-widening project being completed early
Published: October 24,2011
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Widening of Mississippi Highway 19 from two to four lanes is being completed four months ahead of schedule, state officials said.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Mississippi Department of Transportation plan ceremonies Wednesday in the House community to mark completion of the project.
The highway was widened from the Lauderdale County line to just north of Mississippi Route 492 in Neshoba County.
Contractor for the $33.4 million project was Eutaw Construction Co. Work began in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year