Highway-widening project being completed early
Published: October 24,2011
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Widening of Mississippi Highway 19 from two to four lanes is being completed four months ahead of schedule, state officials said.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Mississippi Department of Transportation plan ceremonies Wednesday in the House community to mark completion of the project.
The highway was widened from the Lauderdale County line to just north of Mississippi Route 492 in Neshoba County.
Contractor for the $33.4 million project was Eutaw Construction Co. Work began in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force