Highway-widening project being completed early
Published: October 24,2011
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Widening of Mississippi Highway 19 from two to four lanes is being completed four months ahead of schedule, state officials said.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Mississippi Department of Transportation plan ceremonies Wednesday in the House community to mark completion of the project.
The highway was widened from the Lauderdale County line to just north of Mississippi Route 492 in Neshoba County.
Contractor for the $33.4 million project was Eutaw Construction Co. Work began in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi