Highway-widening project being completed early
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Widening of Mississippi Highway 19 from two to four lanes is being completed four months ahead of schedule, state officials said.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Mississippi Department of Transportation plan ceremonies Wednesday in the House community to mark completion of the project.
The highway was widened from the Lauderdale County line to just north of Mississippi Route 492 in Neshoba County.
Contractor for the $33.4 million project was Eutaw Construction Co. Work began in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project