Highway-widening project being completed early
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
EAST MISSISSIPPI — Widening of Mississippi Highway 19 from two to four lanes is being completed four months ahead of schedule, state officials said.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Mississippi Department of Transportation plan ceremonies Wednesday in the House community to mark completion of the project.
The highway was widened from the Lauderdale County line to just north of Mississippi Route 492 in Neshoba County.
Contractor for the $33.4 million project was Eutaw Construction Co. Work began in 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village