State’s casinos saw decreased winnings in September
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — September was a down month at Coast casinos.
The year started with slow but steady growth. Revenue increased in five of the first seven months, and despite slipping in August and September, remains $5.8 million ahead of last year’s pace.
August’s $10 million drop in gross casino revenue was followed by a $6 million decrease in September on the Coast. Mississippi Department of Revenue reported winnings in September dropped 7 percent to $84.3 million compared to $90.6 million in September 2010.
The Sun Herald reports the river casinos increased winnings in September by almost $1 million, from $100.6 million last year to $101.5 million.
Mississippi’s combined revenue fell 3 percent from $191.3 million to $185.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Woman charged with murder in second buttocks-enhancement case