State’s casinos saw decreased winnings in September
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — September was a down month at Coast casinos.
The year started with slow but steady growth. Revenue increased in five of the first seven months, and despite slipping in August and September, remains $5.8 million ahead of last year’s pace.
August’s $10 million drop in gross casino revenue was followed by a $6 million decrease in September on the Coast. Mississippi Department of Revenue reported winnings in September dropped 7 percent to $84.3 million compared to $90.6 million in September 2010.
The Sun Herald reports the river casinos increased winnings in September by almost $1 million, from $100.6 million last year to $101.5 million.
Mississippi’s combined revenue fell 3 percent from $191.3 million to $185.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey