State’s casinos saw decreased winnings in September
Published: October 24,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — September was a down month at Coast casinos.
The year started with slow but steady growth. Revenue increased in five of the first seven months, and despite slipping in August and September, remains $5.8 million ahead of last year’s pace.
August’s $10 million drop in gross casino revenue was followed by a $6 million decrease in September on the Coast. Mississippi Department of Revenue reported winnings in September dropped 7 percent to $84.3 million compared to $90.6 million in September 2010.
The Sun Herald reports the river casinos increased winnings in September by almost $1 million, from $100.6 million last year to $101.5 million.
Mississippi’s combined revenue fell 3 percent from $191.3 million to $185.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot