State’s casinos saw decreased winnings in September
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — September was a down month at Coast casinos.
The year started with slow but steady growth. Revenue increased in five of the first seven months, and despite slipping in August and September, remains $5.8 million ahead of last year’s pace.
August’s $10 million drop in gross casino revenue was followed by a $6 million decrease in September on the Coast. Mississippi Department of Revenue reported winnings in September dropped 7 percent to $84.3 million compared to $90.6 million in September 2010.
The Sun Herald reports the river casinos increased winnings in September by almost $1 million, from $100.6 million last year to $101.5 million.
Mississippi’s combined revenue fell 3 percent from $191.3 million to $185.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast