State’s casinos saw decreased winnings in September
by Associated Press
Published: October 24,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — September was a down month at Coast casinos.
The year started with slow but steady growth. Revenue increased in five of the first seven months, and despite slipping in August and September, remains $5.8 million ahead of last year’s pace.
August’s $10 million drop in gross casino revenue was followed by a $6 million decrease in September on the Coast. Mississippi Department of Revenue reported winnings in September dropped 7 percent to $84.3 million compared to $90.6 million in September 2010.
The Sun Herald reports the river casinos increased winnings in September by almost $1 million, from $100.6 million last year to $101.5 million.
Mississippi’s combined revenue fell 3 percent from $191.3 million to $185.8 million.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain