New facility opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International
Published: October 25,2011
GULFPORT — The $12-million Million Air facility officially opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport this week and is expected to help attract new business and tourism revenue for South Mississippi.
The 52,500-square-foot building will serve as the fixed base operation at the airport, providing fuel, support services for charters and private planes and other services.
The Sun Herald reports company and airport officials expect the operation to boost the revenue base at the airport and the region by more than $10 million with fuel and activity fees and increase the casino customer base by up to 25 percent.
Both of these goals will be accomplished in part because the Million Air complex has one of the first U.S. Customs facility attached to an FBO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015