New facility opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International
by Associated Press
Published: October 25,2011
GULFPORT — The $12-million Million Air facility officially opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport this week and is expected to help attract new business and tourism revenue for South Mississippi.
The 52,500-square-foot building will serve as the fixed base operation at the airport, providing fuel, support services for charters and private planes and other services.
The Sun Herald reports company and airport officials expect the operation to boost the revenue base at the airport and the region by more than $10 million with fuel and activity fees and increase the casino customer base by up to 25 percent.
Both of these goals will be accomplished in part because the Million Air complex has one of the first U.S. Customs facility attached to an FBO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month