New facility opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International
Published: October 25,2011
GULFPORT — The $12-million Million Air facility officially opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport this week and is expected to help attract new business and tourism revenue for South Mississippi.
The 52,500-square-foot building will serve as the fixed base operation at the airport, providing fuel, support services for charters and private planes and other services.
The Sun Herald reports company and airport officials expect the operation to boost the revenue base at the airport and the region by more than $10 million with fuel and activity fees and increase the casino customer base by up to 25 percent.
Both of these goals will be accomplished in part because the Million Air complex has one of the first U.S. Customs facility attached to an FBO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules