New facility opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International
Published: October 25,2011
GULFPORT — The $12-million Million Air facility officially opens at Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport this week and is expected to help attract new business and tourism revenue for South Mississippi.
The 52,500-square-foot building will serve as the fixed base operation at the airport, providing fuel, support services for charters and private planes and other services.
The Sun Herald reports company and airport officials expect the operation to boost the revenue base at the airport and the region by more than $10 million with fuel and activity fees and increase the casino customer base by up to 25 percent.
Both of these goals will be accomplished in part because the Million Air complex has one of the first U.S. Customs facility attached to an FBO.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk