Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional
by Associated Press
Published: October 25,2011
TUPELO — Officials at Tupelo Regional Airport expect to know by November who will take over air service.
Airport executive director Josh Abramson tells WTVA-TV two companies have submitted bids thus far.
Abramson says Seaport Airlines presented a bid that would allow 25 weekly flights to Memphis and 18 weekly flights to Nashville.
Another company, Air Choice One, offered a plan that will provide 52 weekly flights to Memphis only.
Abramson says both carriers would use smaller passenger aircraft — able to seat nine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional”
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi