Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional
Published: October 25,2011
TUPELO — Officials at Tupelo Regional Airport expect to know by November who will take over air service.
Airport executive director Josh Abramson tells WTVA-TV two companies have submitted bids thus far.
Abramson says Seaport Airlines presented a bid that would allow 25 weekly flights to Memphis and 18 weekly flights to Nashville.
Another company, Air Choice One, offered a plan that will provide 52 weekly flights to Memphis only.
Abramson says both carriers would use smaller passenger aircraft — able to seat nine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state