Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional
Published: October 25,2011
TUPELO — Officials at Tupelo Regional Airport expect to know by November who will take over air service.
Airport executive director Josh Abramson tells WTVA-TV two companies have submitted bids thus far.
Abramson says Seaport Airlines presented a bid that would allow 25 weekly flights to Memphis and 18 weekly flights to Nashville.
Another company, Air Choice One, offered a plan that will provide 52 weekly flights to Memphis only.
Abramson says both carriers would use smaller passenger aircraft — able to seat nine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist