Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional
Published: October 25,2011
TUPELO — Officials at Tupelo Regional Airport expect to know by November who will take over air service.
Airport executive director Josh Abramson tells WTVA-TV two companies have submitted bids thus far.
Abramson says Seaport Airlines presented a bid that would allow 25 weekly flights to Memphis and 18 weekly flights to Nashville.
Another company, Air Choice One, offered a plan that will provide 52 weekly flights to Memphis only.
Abramson says both carriers would use smaller passenger aircraft — able to seat nine.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two airlines bid to serve Tupelo Regional”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company