Authorities investigating cause of fire at foam factory
Published: October 26,2011
TUPELO — Authorities are investigating what caused yesterday’s fire at Mt. Vernon Foam.
The small factory manufactured cut foam used in furniture making. About a dozen volunteer and full-time fire departments, including Tupelo and Saltillo, responded to the call around 11 a.m.
The factory is owned by Terry Robbins, whose family has owned the business for more than 40 years. Robbins declined to comment.
Belden Volunteer Fire Chief Willie Payne says no one was injured in the fire. He said a couple of people were in the building when the fire started but made it out safely. It is unclear how many people were employed by Mt. Vernon Foam.
Payne says the building was a total loss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics