Authorities investigating cause of fire at foam factory
Published: October 26,2011
TUPELO — Authorities are investigating what caused yesterday’s fire at Mt. Vernon Foam.
The small factory manufactured cut foam used in furniture making. About a dozen volunteer and full-time fire departments, including Tupelo and Saltillo, responded to the call around 11 a.m.
The factory is owned by Terry Robbins, whose family has owned the business for more than 40 years. Robbins declined to comment.
Belden Volunteer Fire Chief Willie Payne says no one was injured in the fire. He said a couple of people were in the building when the fire started but made it out safely. It is unclear how many people were employed by Mt. Vernon Foam.
Payne says the building was a total loss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case