Magnolia opens new office, acquires Advantage
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2011
FLOWOOD — Magnolia State Bank has opened its new location in Flowood, and has completed the acquisition of Advantage Mortgage Corp.
The new mortgage division is set to open Nov. 1 as Advantage Mortgage, A Division of Magnolia State Bank. The office is located at 437 Katherine Drive and will house seven employees.
The location will have a night deposit and ATM in the near future.
Marcus Robinson, president and CEO of Magnolia, said, “The banking business in Flowood will be built around the mortgage operation, much like we have done successfully in Hattiesburg through our acquisition of Prime Mortgage in 2009.”
An approved lender for HUD, FHA, VA, Rural Development and Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC), Advantage Mortgage now extends those services through Magnolia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year