Magnolia opens new office, acquires Advantage
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2011
FLOWOOD — Magnolia State Bank has opened its new location in Flowood, and has completed the acquisition of Advantage Mortgage Corp.
The new mortgage division is set to open Nov. 1 as Advantage Mortgage, A Division of Magnolia State Bank. The office is located at 437 Katherine Drive and will house seven employees.
The location will have a night deposit and ATM in the near future.
Marcus Robinson, president and CEO of Magnolia, said, “The banking business in Flowood will be built around the mortgage operation, much like we have done successfully in Hattiesburg through our acquisition of Prime Mortgage in 2009.”
An approved lender for HUD, FHA, VA, Rural Development and Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC), Advantage Mortgage now extends those services through Magnolia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House