Magnolia opens new office, acquires Advantage
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2011
FLOWOOD — Magnolia State Bank has opened its new location in Flowood, and has completed the acquisition of Advantage Mortgage Corp.
The new mortgage division is set to open Nov. 1 as Advantage Mortgage, A Division of Magnolia State Bank. The office is located at 437 Katherine Drive and will house seven employees.
The location will have a night deposit and ATM in the near future.
Marcus Robinson, president and CEO of Magnolia, said, “The banking business in Flowood will be built around the mortgage operation, much like we have done successfully in Hattiesburg through our acquisition of Prime Mortgage in 2009.”
An approved lender for HUD, FHA, VA, Rural Development and Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC), Advantage Mortgage now extends those services through Magnolia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'