Magnolia opens new office, acquires Advantage
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2011
FLOWOOD — Magnolia State Bank has opened its new location in Flowood, and has completed the acquisition of Advantage Mortgage Corp.
The new mortgage division is set to open Nov. 1 as Advantage Mortgage, A Division of Magnolia State Bank. The office is located at 437 Katherine Drive and will house seven employees.
The location will have a night deposit and ATM in the near future.
Marcus Robinson, president and CEO of Magnolia, said, “The banking business in Flowood will be built around the mortgage operation, much like we have done successfully in Hattiesburg through our acquisition of Prime Mortgage in 2009.”
An approved lender for HUD, FHA, VA, Rural Development and Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC), Advantage Mortgage now extends those services through Magnolia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center