Patriot, CF sign railcar services agreements
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 26,2011
COLUMBUS — Patriot Rail Corp, a privately-held short line and regional freight railroad holding company, and CF Rail Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasser Family Holdings Inc., a transportation asset services and investments company, has entered into long-term railcar services agreements at select Patriot-owned railroads.
Under the exclusive agreements, CF Rail leased the railcar and locomotive inspection and repair facilities at Patriot’s DeQueen & Eastern (DQE), Columbia and Cowlitz (CLC) and Golden Triangle (GTRA) railroads. CF Rail will perform railcar and locomotive repairs on system and privately owned railcars and locomotives at these facilities, including railcars and locomotives owned by Patriot. CF Rail has provided quality running repairs and program work for railroads, private car owners and shippers across North America since 1928. CF Rail also owns and leases over 15,000 railcars and locomotives worldwide through its sister companies Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co. and Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia PTY Limited.
The repair facilities include: locomotive, railcar and locomotive wheel shops in DeQueen, Ark., and a railcar shop in Valliant, Okla., all on the DQE; locomotive and railcar shops in Columbus on the GTRA; and, locomotive and railcar shops in Longview, Wash., on the CLC. In addition to leasing the facilities, CF Rail has also hired Patriot’s existing maintenance of equipment workers to perform railcar repairs and services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force