Oakes buys All-Star Motors, to continue as GM dealer
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 27,2011
GREENVILLE — Oakes Auto Group is purchasing All Star Motors of Greenville and will continue as a General Motors dealership there. The current All-Star Motors site is located on both sides of U.S. 82 and the east side of Mississippi 1, with approximately 30 employees.
“We will renovate or rebuild to make the (General Motors) required improvements here, in Greenville,” Oakes Auto Group owner Bryan Oakes said in a statement.
Various Oakes businesses, including Oakes Toyota, already employ approximately 75 people in Greenville.
Oakes Toyota has been in Greenville since 2005 and is currently undergoing periodic upgrades required by Toyota.
The new dealership will run with an operation agreement, beginning Dec. 1 until GM approves the sale of the dealership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three