Oakes buys All-Star Motors, to continue as GM dealer
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 27,2011
GREENVILLE — Oakes Auto Group is purchasing All Star Motors of Greenville and will continue as a General Motors dealership there. The current All-Star Motors site is located on both sides of U.S. 82 and the east side of Mississippi 1, with approximately 30 employees.
“We will renovate or rebuild to make the (General Motors) required improvements here, in Greenville,” Oakes Auto Group owner Bryan Oakes said in a statement.
Various Oakes businesses, including Oakes Toyota, already employ approximately 75 people in Greenville.
Oakes Toyota has been in Greenville since 2005 and is currently undergoing periodic upgrades required by Toyota.
The new dealership will run with an operation agreement, beginning Dec. 1 until GM approves the sale of the dealership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62