Oakes buys All-Star Motors, to continue as GM dealer
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 27,2011
GREENVILLE — Oakes Auto Group is purchasing All Star Motors of Greenville and will continue as a General Motors dealership there. The current All-Star Motors site is located on both sides of U.S. 82 and the east side of Mississippi 1, with approximately 30 employees.
“We will renovate or rebuild to make the (General Motors) required improvements here, in Greenville,” Oakes Auto Group owner Bryan Oakes said in a statement.
Various Oakes businesses, including Oakes Toyota, already employ approximately 75 people in Greenville.
Oakes Toyota has been in Greenville since 2005 and is currently undergoing periodic upgrades required by Toyota.
The new dealership will run with an operation agreement, beginning Dec. 1 until GM approves the sale of the dealership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters