Oakes buys All-Star Motors, to continue as GM dealer
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 27,2011
GREENVILLE — Oakes Auto Group is purchasing All Star Motors of Greenville and will continue as a General Motors dealership there. The current All-Star Motors site is located on both sides of U.S. 82 and the east side of Mississippi 1, with approximately 30 employees.
“We will renovate or rebuild to make the (General Motors) required improvements here, in Greenville,” Oakes Auto Group owner Bryan Oakes said in a statement.
Various Oakes businesses, including Oakes Toyota, already employ approximately 75 people in Greenville.
Oakes Toyota has been in Greenville since 2005 and is currently undergoing periodic upgrades required by Toyota.
The new dealership will run with an operation agreement, beginning Dec. 1 until GM approves the sale of the dealership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi