Oakes buys All-Star Motors, to continue as GM dealer
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 27,2011
GREENVILLE — Oakes Auto Group is purchasing All Star Motors of Greenville and will continue as a General Motors dealership there. The current All-Star Motors site is located on both sides of U.S. 82 and the east side of Mississippi 1, with approximately 30 employees.
“We will renovate or rebuild to make the (General Motors) required improvements here, in Greenville,” Oakes Auto Group owner Bryan Oakes said in a statement.
Various Oakes businesses, including Oakes Toyota, already employ approximately 75 people in Greenville.
Oakes Toyota has been in Greenville since 2005 and is currently undergoing periodic upgrades required by Toyota.
The new dealership will run with an operation agreement, beginning Dec. 1 until GM approves the sale of the dealership.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy