Transportation Board to hear proposal on closing rail line
by Associated Press
Published: October 27,2011
GRENADA — The National Surface Transportation Board has agreed to hold a public hearing in Mississippi on a proposal to abandon 83 miles of track from Grenada to Canton.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission, the Attorney General’s Office, members of the state’s congressional delegation and local officials had asked the NSTB for a public hearing.
In an order dated Oct. 25, the NSTB said it will announce the date for a hearing soon.
Grenada Railway, LLC, asked the NSTB Sept. 20 to allow it to abandon the track and sell it for scrap. The railway also asked the NSTB to conduct the process through an exemption procedure or fast track process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge