Transportation Board to hear proposal on closing rail line
by Associated Press
Published: October 27,2011
GRENADA — The National Surface Transportation Board has agreed to hold a public hearing in Mississippi on a proposal to abandon 83 miles of track from Grenada to Canton.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission, the Attorney General’s Office, members of the state’s congressional delegation and local officials had asked the NSTB for a public hearing.
In an order dated Oct. 25, the NSTB said it will announce the date for a hearing soon.
Grenada Railway, LLC, asked the NSTB Sept. 20 to allow it to abandon the track and sell it for scrap. The railway also asked the NSTB to conduct the process through an exemption procedure or fast track process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years