Transportation Board to hear proposal on closing rail line
Published: October 27,2011
GRENADA — The National Surface Transportation Board has agreed to hold a public hearing in Mississippi on a proposal to abandon 83 miles of track from Grenada to Canton.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission, the Attorney General’s Office, members of the state’s congressional delegation and local officials had asked the NSTB for a public hearing.
In an order dated Oct. 25, the NSTB said it will announce the date for a hearing soon.
Grenada Railway, LLC, asked the NSTB Sept. 20 to allow it to abandon the track and sell it for scrap. The railway also asked the NSTB to conduct the process through an exemption procedure or fast track process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams