Transportation Board to hear proposal on closing rail line
by Associated Press
Published: October 27,2011
GRENADA — The National Surface Transportation Board has agreed to hold a public hearing in Mississippi on a proposal to abandon 83 miles of track from Grenada to Canton.
The Mississippi Transportation Commission, the Attorney General’s Office, members of the state’s congressional delegation and local officials had asked the NSTB for a public hearing.
In an order dated Oct. 25, the NSTB said it will announce the date for a hearing soon.
Grenada Railway, LLC, asked the NSTB Sept. 20 to allow it to abandon the track and sell it for scrap. The railway also asked the NSTB to conduct the process through an exemption procedure or fast track process.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip