Amy joining AP
Jeffrey Amy, who has covered Southern politics and business for several news organizations, will join the Associated Press in Jackson as a reporter. In Jackson, Amy will cover the business and the economy in Mississippi, education, and demographics and poverty.
Most recently, Amy was a reporter at the Mobile Press-Register, where he covered the Alabama Legislature and public policy, higher education, business and the economy along the Gulf Coast.
In 2010, he won the Alabama Associated Press Managing Editors’ award for business coverage.
Amy, 38, is a native of Baton Rouge, La. He received a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in 1995 from Princeton University and holds a master’s in journalism with emphasis on public policy from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him