Amy joining AP
Jeffrey Amy, who has covered Southern politics and business for several news organizations, will join the Associated Press in Jackson as a reporter. In Jackson, Amy will cover the business and the economy in Mississippi, education, and demographics and poverty.
Most recently, Amy was a reporter at the Mobile Press-Register, where he covered the Alabama Legislature and public policy, higher education, business and the economy along the Gulf Coast.
In 2010, he won the Alabama Associated Press Managing Editors’ award for business coverage.
Amy, 38, is a native of Baton Rouge, La. He received a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in 1995 from Princeton University and holds a master’s in journalism with emphasis on public policy from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment