Amy joining AP
Jeffrey Amy, who has covered Southern politics and business for several news organizations, will join the Associated Press in Jackson as a reporter. In Jackson, Amy will cover the business and the economy in Mississippi, education, and demographics and poverty.
Most recently, Amy was a reporter at the Mobile Press-Register, where he covered the Alabama Legislature and public policy, higher education, business and the economy along the Gulf Coast.
In 2010, he won the Alabama Associated Press Managing Editors’ award for business coverage.
Amy, 38, is a native of Baton Rouge, La. He received a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in 1995 from Princeton University and holds a master’s in journalism with emphasis on public policy from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement