Amy joining AP
Jeffrey Amy, who has covered Southern politics and business for several news organizations, will join the Associated Press in Jackson as a reporter. In Jackson, Amy will cover the business and the economy in Mississippi, education, and demographics and poverty.
Most recently, Amy was a reporter at the Mobile Press-Register, where he covered the Alabama Legislature and public policy, higher education, business and the economy along the Gulf Coast.
In 2010, he won the Alabama Associated Press Managing Editors’ award for business coverage.
Amy, 38, is a native of Baton Rouge, La. He received a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in 1995 from Princeton University and holds a master’s in journalism with emphasis on public policy from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data