Amy joining AP
Jeffrey Amy, who has covered Southern politics and business for several news organizations, will join the Associated Press in Jackson as a reporter. In Jackson, Amy will cover the business and the economy in Mississippi, education, and demographics and poverty.
Most recently, Amy was a reporter at the Mobile Press-Register, where he covered the Alabama Legislature and public policy, higher education, business and the economy along the Gulf Coast.
In 2010, he won the Alabama Associated Press Managing Editors’ award for business coverage.
Amy, 38, is a native of Baton Rouge, La. He received a bachelor’s degree (magna cum laude) in 1995 from Princeton University and holds a master’s in journalism with emphasis on public policy from the University of Missouri at Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs