Beck leading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Mary Beck has been selected as the new head of the Department of Poultry Science at Mississippi State University. Beck has served as a professor at Clemson University’s College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences since 2007. While there, she has held various leadership positions including chair of the Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. Prior to her position at Clemson, Beck worked as a professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Beck earned her bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Richmond. A native of Maryland, she obtained her master’s and doctoral degrees in poultry physiology from the University of Maryland.
Beck serves as the executive secretary of the Southern Poultry Science Association and is a section editor of the journal Poultry Science. She is a past president of the Poultry Science Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K