Beck leading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Mary Beck has been selected as the new head of the Department of Poultry Science at Mississippi State University. Beck has served as a professor at Clemson University’s College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences since 2007. While there, she has held various leadership positions including chair of the Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences. Prior to her position at Clemson, Beck worked as a professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Beck earned her bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Richmond. A native of Maryland, she obtained her master’s and doctoral degrees in poultry physiology from the University of Maryland.
Beck serves as the executive secretary of the Southern Poultry Science Association and is a section editor of the journal Poultry Science. She is a past president of the Poultry Science Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million