The founding president and CEO of the Mississippi Center for Justice has been honored by the White House. The recognition for Martha Bergmark comes through President Barack Obama’s “Winning the Future” initiative.
Bergmark participated Oct. 13 in a discussion with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Senior Counselor for Access to Justice Mark Childress and other White House officials. The discussion took place at Eisenhower Executive Office Building near the White House, and was streamed live to students at more than 100 law schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi