The founding president and CEO of the Mississippi Center for Justice has been honored by the White House. The recognition for Martha Bergmark comes through President Barack Obama’s “Winning the Future” initiative.
Bergmark participated Oct. 13 in a discussion with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, Senior Counselor for Access to Justice Mark Childress and other White House officials. The discussion took place at Eisenhower Executive Office Building near the White House, and was streamed live to students at more than 100 law schools.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs