Guthrie now editing DDT
Delta Democrat Times publisher Matt Guthrie will add editor to his duties at the newspaper. Guthrie became publisher of the DDT in January 2010, moving over from the Fayette County News in Fayetteville, Ga. The DDT is owned by Emmerich Newspapers. Guthrie previously was publisher for other Emmerich newspapers, including the Lamar Times and Petal News.
Guthrie also announced that Laura Smith has been hired as news editor to handle the designing and copy editing the newspaper and coordinating and organizing the newsroom. Smith is the former managing editor for the West Memphis Times.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90