Guthrie now editing DDT
Delta Democrat Times publisher Matt Guthrie will add editor to his duties at the newspaper. Guthrie became publisher of the DDT in January 2010, moving over from the Fayette County News in Fayetteville, Ga. The DDT is owned by Emmerich Newspapers. Guthrie previously was publisher for other Emmerich newspapers, including the Lamar Times and Petal News.
Guthrie also announced that Laura Smith has been hired as news editor to handle the designing and copy editing the newspaper and coordinating and organizing the newsroom. Smith is the former managing editor for the West Memphis Times.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player