Guthrie now editing DDT
Delta Democrat Times publisher Matt Guthrie will add editor to his duties at the newspaper. Guthrie became publisher of the DDT in January 2010, moving over from the Fayette County News in Fayetteville, Ga. The DDT is owned by Emmerich Newspapers. Guthrie previously was publisher for other Emmerich newspapers, including the Lamar Times and Petal News.
Guthrie also announced that Laura Smith has been hired as news editor to handle the designing and copy editing the newspaper and coordinating and organizing the newsroom. Smith is the former managing editor for the West Memphis Times.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river