McKnight elected to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Markham R. McKnight, president, BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. was elected to serve on the American Bankers Insurance Association’s board of directors at the association’s annual conference held in Washington. McKnight holds a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University (LSU) in general studies with a concentration in construction technology as well as a master’s degree through LSU’s Executive MBA program.
McKnight is past president of the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB), treasurer of the Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association (LIGA, and sits on the board of directors of the Worldwide Broker Network. He is past chairman of the board of Woman’s Hospital of Baton Rouge and the Tiger Athletic Foundation. In 1995, McKnight was named Alumnus of the Year by the LSU General College and in 1997 was selected as one of Sales and Marketing Executives International’s “Outstanding Individuals.”
In 1982, McKnight joined Wright & Percy Insurance, a Baton Rouge-based insurance brokerage firm founded a century earlier, in 1882. In 2003, Wright & Percy was acquired by BancorpSouth Insurance Services where McKnight became president in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics