McKnight elected to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Markham R. McKnight, president, BancorpSouth Insurance Services Inc. was elected to serve on the American Bankers Insurance Association’s board of directors at the association’s annual conference held in Washington. McKnight holds a bachelor’s degree from Louisiana State University (LSU) in general studies with a concentration in construction technology as well as a master’s degree through LSU’s Executive MBA program.
McKnight is past president of the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers (CIAB), treasurer of the Louisiana Insurance Guaranty Association (LIGA, and sits on the board of directors of the Worldwide Broker Network. He is past chairman of the board of Woman’s Hospital of Baton Rouge and the Tiger Athletic Foundation. In 1995, McKnight was named Alumnus of the Year by the LSU General College and in 1997 was selected as one of Sales and Marketing Executives International’s “Outstanding Individuals.”
In 1982, McKnight joined Wright & Percy Insurance, a Baton Rouge-based insurance brokerage firm founded a century earlier, in 1882. In 2003, Wright & Percy was acquired by BancorpSouth Insurance Services where McKnight became president in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement