Pecan growers dodge bad year again
Published: October 30,2011
Boosted by increased demand, tight supply and corresponding high market prices while dodging some of the weather-related losses many of the state’s other agriculture commodities have suffered over the last few years, 2011 is shaping up to be perhaps the best yet for the state’s pecan farmers.
“Our crop is looking great,” said Max Draughn, owner of Bass Pecans in Raymond. “We’ll probably harvest about…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders