Pecan growers dodge bad year again
by Wally Northway
Published: October 30,2011
Boosted by increased demand, tight supply and corresponding high market prices while dodging some of the weather-related losses many of the state’s other agriculture commodities have suffered over the last few years, 2011 is shaping up to be perhaps the best yet for the state’s pecan farmers.
“Our crop is looking great,” said Max Draughn, owner of Bass Pecans in Raymond. “We’ll probably harvest about…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county