Silitonga appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Dr. Maifan Silitonga, director of Alcorn State University’s Mississippi River Research Center-Center for Ecology and Natural Resources (MRRC-CENR), was recently appointed chair of the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)-Southern Regional Water Program. The program represents, serves and facilitates 20 land-grant institutions in the region.
Recently, Silitonga, Dr. Cedric Sims, agronomy specialist in the Alcorn State University Extension Program, Dr. Sam Nwaneri, research scientist/instructor in the Department of Advanced Technologies, and graduate students Roberta Laing and Titus Sombuor participated in the USDA-NIFA Southern Regional Water Program held in Athens, Ga.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign