Silitonga appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Dr. Maifan Silitonga, director of Alcorn State University’s Mississippi River Research Center-Center for Ecology and Natural Resources (MRRC-CENR), was recently appointed chair of the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)-Southern Regional Water Program. The program represents, serves and facilitates 20 land-grant institutions in the region.
Recently, Silitonga, Dr. Cedric Sims, agronomy specialist in the Alcorn State University Extension Program, Dr. Sam Nwaneri, research scientist/instructor in the Department of Advanced Technologies, and graduate students Roberta Laing and Titus Sombuor participated in the USDA-NIFA Southern Regional Water Program held in Athens, Ga.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds