Silitonga appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Dr. Maifan Silitonga, director of Alcorn State University’s Mississippi River Research Center-Center for Ecology and Natural Resources (MRRC-CENR), was recently appointed chair of the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)-Southern Regional Water Program. The program represents, serves and facilitates 20 land-grant institutions in the region.
Recently, Silitonga, Dr. Cedric Sims, agronomy specialist in the Alcorn State University Extension Program, Dr. Sam Nwaneri, research scientist/instructor in the Department of Advanced Technologies, and graduate students Roberta Laing and Titus Sombuor participated in the USDA-NIFA Southern Regional Water Program held in Athens, Ga.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets