Silitonga appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Dr. Maifan Silitonga, director of Alcorn State University’s Mississippi River Research Center-Center for Ecology and Natural Resources (MRRC-CENR), was recently appointed chair of the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)-Southern Regional Water Program. The program represents, serves and facilitates 20 land-grant institutions in the region.
Recently, Silitonga, Dr. Cedric Sims, agronomy specialist in the Alcorn State University Extension Program, Dr. Sam Nwaneri, research scientist/instructor in the Department of Advanced Technologies, and graduate students Roberta Laing and Titus Sombuor participated in the USDA-NIFA Southern Regional Water Program held in Athens, Ga.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters