Silitonga appointed to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 30,2011
Dr. Maifan Silitonga, director of Alcorn State University’s Mississippi River Research Center-Center for Ecology and Natural Resources (MRRC-CENR), was recently appointed chair of the USDA National Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA)-Southern Regional Water Program. The program represents, serves and facilitates 20 land-grant institutions in the region.
Recently, Silitonga, Dr. Cedric Sims, agronomy specialist in the Alcorn State University Extension Program, Dr. Sam Nwaneri, research scientist/instructor in the Department of Advanced Technologies, and graduate students Roberta Laing and Titus Sombuor participated in the USDA-NIFA Southern Regional Water Program held in Athens, Ga.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau