Kemper County power plant construction posing transportation problems
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2011
KEMPER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is informing motorists of the upcoming transport of extremely large loads to Kemper County for the construction of Mississippi Power’s new power plant.
Beginning tomorrow night, there will be two transport vehicles moving extremely large loads from Big Bee Valley along Highway 388 to U.S. 45, then to Highway 16 west to Highway 493, and then south on Highway 493 to the power plant construction site in Kemper County. These loads will contain large “wind boxes” that are over 20 feet wide and will require each vehicle to occupy two lanes of highway along the designated route.
Beginning Thursday night, there will be two transport vehicles moving more wind boxes over the same route.
Beginning Sunday night, there will be two transport vehicles moving extremely large loads from Holly Springs along Highway 7 to Highway 311, all the way to Highway 78, then to U.S. Route 45 Alternate to U.S. Route 45, from U.S. Route 45 to Highway 16, and lastly to Highway 493 south to the power plant construction site in Kemper County. These loads will contain large “lower mixers” that are also over 20 feet wide and will require each vehicle to occupy two lanes of the highway along the designated route.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability