Patriot, CF strike railcar services agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2011
COLUMBUS — Patriot Rail Corp, a privately-held short line and regional freight railroad holding company, and CF Rail Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasser Family Holdings Inc., a transportation asset services and investments company, has entered into long-term railcar services agreements at select Patriot-owned railroads.
Under the exclusive agreements, CF Rail leased the railcar and locomotive inspection and repair facilities at Patriot’s DeQueen & Eastern (DQE), Columbia and Cowlitz (CLC) and Golden Triangle (GTRA) railroads. CF Rail will perform railcar and locomotive repairs on system and privately owned railcars and locomotives at these facilities, including railcars and locomotives owned by Patriot. CF Rail has provided quality running repairs and program work for railroads, private car owners and shippers across North America since 1928. CF Rail also owns and leases over 15,000 railcars and locomotives worldwide through its sister companies Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co. and Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia PTY Limited.
The repair facilities include: locomotive, railcar and locomotive wheel shops in DeQueen, Ark., and a railcar shop in Valliant, Okla., all on the DQE; locomotive and railcar shops in Columbus on the GTRA; and, locomotive and railcar shops in Longview, Wash., on the CLC. In addition to leasing the facilities, CF Rail has also hired Patriot’s existing maintenance of equipment workers to perform railcar repairs and services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years