Patriot, CF strike railcar services agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2011
COLUMBUS — Patriot Rail Corp, a privately-held short line and regional freight railroad holding company, and CF Rail Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasser Family Holdings Inc., a transportation asset services and investments company, has entered into long-term railcar services agreements at select Patriot-owned railroads.
Under the exclusive agreements, CF Rail leased the railcar and locomotive inspection and repair facilities at Patriot’s DeQueen & Eastern (DQE), Columbia and Cowlitz (CLC) and Golden Triangle (GTRA) railroads. CF Rail will perform railcar and locomotive repairs on system and privately owned railcars and locomotives at these facilities, including railcars and locomotives owned by Patriot. CF Rail has provided quality running repairs and program work for railroads, private car owners and shippers across North America since 1928. CF Rail also owns and leases over 15,000 railcars and locomotives worldwide through its sister companies Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co. and Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia PTY Limited.
The repair facilities include: locomotive, railcar and locomotive wheel shops in DeQueen, Ark., and a railcar shop in Valliant, Okla., all on the DQE; locomotive and railcar shops in Columbus on the GTRA; and, locomotive and railcar shops in Longview, Wash., on the CLC. In addition to leasing the facilities, CF Rail has also hired Patriot’s existing maintenance of equipment workers to perform railcar repairs and services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public