Patriot, CF strike railcar services agreement
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 31,2011
COLUMBUS — Patriot Rail Corp, a privately-held short line and regional freight railroad holding company, and CF Rail Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasser Family Holdings Inc., a transportation asset services and investments company, has entered into long-term railcar services agreements at select Patriot-owned railroads.
Under the exclusive agreements, CF Rail leased the railcar and locomotive inspection and repair facilities at Patriot’s DeQueen & Eastern (DQE), Columbia and Cowlitz (CLC) and Golden Triangle (GTRA) railroads. CF Rail will perform railcar and locomotive repairs on system and privately owned railcars and locomotives at these facilities, including railcars and locomotives owned by Patriot. CF Rail has provided quality running repairs and program work for railroads, private car owners and shippers across North America since 1928. CF Rail also owns and leases over 15,000 railcars and locomotives worldwide through its sister companies Chicago Freight Car Leasing Co. and Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia PTY Limited.
The repair facilities include: locomotive, railcar and locomotive wheel shops in DeQueen, Ark., and a railcar shop in Valliant, Okla., all on the DQE; locomotive and railcar shops in Columbus on the GTRA; and, locomotive and railcar shops in Longview, Wash., on the CLC. In addition to leasing the facilities, CF Rail has also hired Patriot’s existing maintenance of equipment workers to perform railcar repairs and services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions