First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month
BLUE SPRINGS — The first Corolla will roll off the assembly line during a ceremony this month at Toyota’s northeast Mississippi plant at Blue Springs, a company spokeswoman said today.
Toyota spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the event will begin at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. It is invitation only.
She says invitations were mailed out this past week to members of the Tupelo community. She says more details about the event would be release later.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is the company’s eighth North American assembly plant.
With more than 1,200 workers now at the plant, Toyota Mississippi expects to employ about 1,500 by year’s end.
At full capacity — when the plant is able to produce 150,000 vehicles a year — it will employ 2,000 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says