First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month
BLUE SPRINGS — The first Corolla will roll off the assembly line during a ceremony this month at Toyota’s northeast Mississippi plant at Blue Springs, a company spokeswoman said today.
Toyota spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the event will begin at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. It is invitation only.
She says invitations were mailed out this past week to members of the Tupelo community. She says more details about the event would be release later.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is the company’s eighth North American assembly plant.
With more than 1,200 workers now at the plant, Toyota Mississippi expects to employ about 1,500 by year’s end.
At full capacity — when the plant is able to produce 150,000 vehicles a year — it will employ 2,000 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County