First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month
BLUE SPRINGS — The first Corolla will roll off the assembly line during a ceremony this month at Toyota’s northeast Mississippi plant at Blue Springs, a company spokeswoman said today.
Toyota spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the event will begin at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. It is invitation only.
She says invitations were mailed out this past week to members of the Tupelo community. She says more details about the event would be release later.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is the company’s eighth North American assembly plant.
With more than 1,200 workers now at the plant, Toyota Mississippi expects to employ about 1,500 by year’s end.
At full capacity — when the plant is able to produce 150,000 vehicles a year — it will employ 2,000 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'