First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month
BLUE SPRINGS — The first Corolla will roll off the assembly line during a ceremony this month at Toyota’s northeast Mississippi plant at Blue Springs, a company spokeswoman said today.
Toyota spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the event will begin at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. It is invitation only.
She says invitations were mailed out this past week to members of the Tupelo community. She says more details about the event would be release later.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is the company’s eighth North American assembly plant.
With more than 1,200 workers now at the plant, Toyota Mississippi expects to employ about 1,500 by year’s end.
At full capacity — when the plant is able to produce 150,000 vehicles a year — it will employ 2,000 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders