First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month
BLUE SPRINGS — The first Corolla will roll off the assembly line during a ceremony this month at Toyota’s northeast Mississippi plant at Blue Springs, a company spokeswoman said today.
Toyota spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel says the event will begin at 11 a.m. Nov. 17. It is invitation only.
She says invitations were mailed out this past week to members of the Tupelo community. She says more details about the event would be release later.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi is the company’s eighth North American assembly plant.
With more than 1,200 workers now at the plant, Toyota Mississippi expects to employ about 1,500 by year’s end.
At full capacity — when the plant is able to produce 150,000 vehicles a year — it will employ 2,000 workers.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “First Corolla to roll off Toyota line this month”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option