Katrina Cottages arrive at Greenwood airport
Published: November 2,2011
GREENWOOD — The 26 Katrina cottages secured by the city of Greenwood from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency have made it to local airport.
Mayor Carolyn McAdams tells the Greenwood Commonwealth the last of the cottages arrived last Friday.
Getting the 10 two-bedroom and 16 one-bedroom units to Greenwood from Biloxi took about two months.
The cottages did not cost the city anything. The city only had to pay $20,800 to have them hauled to the airport.
McAdams is hoping that some of the cottages can be used to provide some local residents with housing.
Use of the cottages is restricted, and the city has an agreement with the MEMA about what can be done with them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics