Katrina Cottages arrive at Greenwood airport
Published: November 2,2011
GREENWOOD — The 26 Katrina cottages secured by the city of Greenwood from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency have made it to local airport.
Mayor Carolyn McAdams tells the Greenwood Commonwealth the last of the cottages arrived last Friday.
Getting the 10 two-bedroom and 16 one-bedroom units to Greenwood from Biloxi took about two months.
The cottages did not cost the city anything. The city only had to pay $20,800 to have them hauled to the airport.
McAdams is hoping that some of the cottages can be used to provide some local residents with housing.
Use of the cottages is restricted, and the city has an agreement with the MEMA about what can be done with them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.