Katrina Cottages arrive at Greenwood airport
by Associated Press
Published: November 2,2011
GREENWOOD — The 26 Katrina cottages secured by the city of Greenwood from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency have made it to local airport.
Mayor Carolyn McAdams tells the Greenwood Commonwealth the last of the cottages arrived last Friday.
Getting the 10 two-bedroom and 16 one-bedroom units to Greenwood from Biloxi took about two months.
The cottages did not cost the city anything. The city only had to pay $20,800 to have them hauled to the airport.
McAdams is hoping that some of the cottages can be used to provide some local residents with housing.
Use of the cottages is restricted, and the city has an agreement with the MEMA about what can be done with them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge