Katrina Cottages arrive at Greenwood airport
by Associated Press
Published: November 2,2011
GREENWOOD — The 26 Katrina cottages secured by the city of Greenwood from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency have made it to local airport.
Mayor Carolyn McAdams tells the Greenwood Commonwealth the last of the cottages arrived last Friday.
Getting the 10 two-bedroom and 16 one-bedroom units to Greenwood from Biloxi took about two months.
The cottages did not cost the city anything. The city only had to pay $20,800 to have them hauled to the airport.
McAdams is hoping that some of the cottages can be used to provide some local residents with housing.
Use of the cottages is restricted, and the city has an agreement with the MEMA about what can be done with them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State