Katrina Cottages arrive at Greenwood airport
Published: November 2,2011
GREENWOOD — The 26 Katrina cottages secured by the city of Greenwood from the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency have made it to local airport.
Mayor Carolyn McAdams tells the Greenwood Commonwealth the last of the cottages arrived last Friday.
Getting the 10 two-bedroom and 16 one-bedroom units to Greenwood from Biloxi took about two months.
The cottages did not cost the city anything. The city only had to pay $20,800 to have them hauled to the airport.
McAdams is hoping that some of the cottages can be used to provide some local residents with housing.
Use of the cottages is restricted, and the city has an agreement with the MEMA about what can be done with them.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building