Mayor ready for auditors, expects to pay for trip
Published: November 2,2011
SOUTHAVEN — State auditors are expected to meet with Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to discuss the results of a seven-month investigation launched after Davis billed Southaven for a trip to Arizona for stress and anger management last year.
Davis tells The Commercial Appeal he expects the auditors will tell him he has to repay the city for expenses it covered.
David said the meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. today.
The results of the auditors’ report will be released this week.
The investigation began in April, following the July 2010 trip by Davis to an Arizona clinic for stress and anger management counseling. The city footed the bill, paying a total of $27,105 for the two-week trip to Psychological Counseling Services in Scottsdale, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis