Mayor ready for auditors, expects to pay for trip
by Associated Press
Published: November 2,2011
SOUTHAVEN — State auditors are expected to meet with Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to discuss the results of a seven-month investigation launched after Davis billed Southaven for a trip to Arizona for stress and anger management last year.
Davis tells The Commercial Appeal he expects the auditors will tell him he has to repay the city for expenses it covered.
David said the meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. today.
The results of the auditors’ report will be released this week.
The investigation began in April, following the July 2010 trip by Davis to an Arizona clinic for stress and anger management counseling. The city footed the bill, paying a total of $27,105 for the two-week trip to Psychological Counseling Services in Scottsdale, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones