Mayor ready for auditors, expects to pay for trip
Published: November 2,2011
SOUTHAVEN — State auditors are expected to meet with Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to discuss the results of a seven-month investigation launched after Davis billed Southaven for a trip to Arizona for stress and anger management last year.
Davis tells The Commercial Appeal he expects the auditors will tell him he has to repay the city for expenses it covered.
David said the meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. today.
The results of the auditors’ report will be released this week.
The investigation began in April, following the July 2010 trip by Davis to an Arizona clinic for stress and anger management counseling. The city footed the bill, paying a total of $27,105 for the two-week trip to Psychological Counseling Services in Scottsdale, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus