Mayor ready for auditors, expects to pay for trip
Published: November 2,2011
SOUTHAVEN — State auditors are expected to meet with Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to discuss the results of a seven-month investigation launched after Davis billed Southaven for a trip to Arizona for stress and anger management last year.
Davis tells The Commercial Appeal he expects the auditors will tell him he has to repay the city for expenses it covered.
David said the meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. today.
The results of the auditors’ report will be released this week.
The investigation began in April, following the July 2010 trip by Davis to an Arizona clinic for stress and anger management counseling. The city footed the bill, paying a total of $27,105 for the two-week trip to Psychological Counseling Services in Scottsdale, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs