Mayor ready for auditors, expects to pay for trip
by Associated Press
Published: November 2,2011
SOUTHAVEN — State auditors are expected to meet with Southaven Mayor Greg Davis to discuss the results of a seven-month investigation launched after Davis billed Southaven for a trip to Arizona for stress and anger management last year.
Davis tells The Commercial Appeal he expects the auditors will tell him he has to repay the city for expenses it covered.
David said the meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. today.
The results of the auditors’ report will be released this week.
The investigation began in April, following the July 2010 trip by Davis to an Arizona clinic for stress and anger management counseling. The city footed the bill, paying a total of $27,105 for the two-week trip to Psychological Counseling Services in Scottsdale, Ariz.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip