Viking Range focusing on international expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 3,2011
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation has recently appointed a new managing director of international sales, Peter Birch, and announced the expansion of the company’s international distribution network.
Birch oversees all major appliance sales outside of the United States and Canada. A native of Coventry, England, Birch’s career includes senior sales and marketing positions in Brazil, Chile and New York with Pepsi Cola International, vice president Asia Pacific with Reebok International and executive vice president of Electrolux Asia-Pacific.
Viking has established distributors in 45 countries around the world. The Greenwood-based company has recently appointed new distributors in the United Kingdom and South Korea.
In the United Kingdom, D R Kitchen Appliances is a trading division of Bogod Group, Ltd., a 115-year-old family-owned company headquartered in London. With a long and successful history in the sewing machine industry, D R Kitchen Appliances expanded into the distribution of premium cooker hoods and most recently, high-end kitchen appliances.
Beginning in early November, LG Electronics Inc. will serve as the Viking distributor in South Korea. LG will distribute a limited line of Viking/LG Electronics premium and ultra-premium products. This product line will be distributed solely in South Korea.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist