Viking Range focusing on international expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 3,2011
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation has recently appointed a new managing director of international sales, Peter Birch, and announced the expansion of the company’s international distribution network.
Birch oversees all major appliance sales outside of the United States and Canada. A native of Coventry, England, Birch’s career includes senior sales and marketing positions in Brazil, Chile and New York with Pepsi Cola International, vice president Asia Pacific with Reebok International and executive vice president of Electrolux Asia-Pacific.
Viking has established distributors in 45 countries around the world. The Greenwood-based company has recently appointed new distributors in the United Kingdom and South Korea.
In the United Kingdom, D R Kitchen Appliances is a trading division of Bogod Group, Ltd., a 115-year-old family-owned company headquartered in London. With a long and successful history in the sewing machine industry, D R Kitchen Appliances expanded into the distribution of premium cooker hoods and most recently, high-end kitchen appliances.
Beginning in early November, LG Electronics Inc. will serve as the Viking distributor in South Korea. LG will distribute a limited line of Viking/LG Electronics premium and ultra-premium products. This product line will be distributed solely in South Korea.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet