Viking Range focusing on international expansion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 3,2011
GREENWOOD — Viking Range Corporation has recently appointed a new managing director of international sales, Peter Birch, and announced the expansion of the company’s international distribution network.
Birch oversees all major appliance sales outside of the United States and Canada. A native of Coventry, England, Birch’s career includes senior sales and marketing positions in Brazil, Chile and New York with Pepsi Cola International, vice president Asia Pacific with Reebok International and executive vice president of Electrolux Asia-Pacific.
Viking has established distributors in 45 countries around the world. The Greenwood-based company has recently appointed new distributors in the United Kingdom and South Korea.
In the United Kingdom, D R Kitchen Appliances is a trading division of Bogod Group, Ltd., a 115-year-old family-owned company headquartered in London. With a long and successful history in the sewing machine industry, D R Kitchen Appliances expanded into the distribution of premium cooker hoods and most recently, high-end kitchen appliances.
Beginning in early November, LG Electronics Inc. will serve as the Viking distributor in South Korea. LG will distribute a limited line of Viking/LG Electronics premium and ultra-premium products. This product line will be distributed solely in South Korea.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years