Alderman: Board not liable to repay $170K
by Associated Press
Published: November 4,2011
SOUTHAVEN — A Southaven alderman says that he and others on the seven-member board did not use Mayor Greg Davis’ personal or city-issued credit cards and should not be liable for more than $170,000 that the state Auditor’s Office has ordered Davis to repay within 30 days.
Alderman Greg Guy tells The Commercial Appeal no aldermen ever had access to the mayor’s personal or city credit card.
The comments came yesterday, a day after auditors traveled to Southaven to meet with Davis about expenses he billed to the city for personal travel and other items. Among the questionable expenses were a personal trip to Key West, Fla., and clothing and other expenses relating to Davis and his former wife getting two weeks of counseling.
No criminal charges have been filed against Davis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge