Aldermen approve rezoning for oil well operation
Published: November 6,2011
NATCHEZ — DRAYCO Exploration has received final approval for its proposed oil well operation that fronts Cemetery Road from the Natchez Board of Aldermen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the board approved an ordinance that rezones five acres on an 81-acre tract of land to permit the drilling and development of the oil well.
City Planner Bob Nix said the city’s agreement with DRAYCO requires the company to coordinate its operations with the school bus schedules, national and city cemetery events and city events, such as tours of homes that might be affected by well’s operation.
DRAYCO is also required to post a $100,000 performance bond to cover any damages to roads in the area.
Local officials said they were concerned how the landscape of the cemetery would be impacted.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference