Aldermen approve rezoning for oil well operation
Published: November 6,2011
NATCHEZ — DRAYCO Exploration has received final approval for its proposed oil well operation that fronts Cemetery Road from the Natchez Board of Aldermen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the board approved an ordinance that rezones five acres on an 81-acre tract of land to permit the drilling and development of the oil well.
City Planner Bob Nix said the city’s agreement with DRAYCO requires the company to coordinate its operations with the school bus schedules, national and city cemetery events and city events, such as tours of homes that might be affected by well’s operation.
DRAYCO is also required to post a $100,000 performance bond to cover any damages to roads in the area.
Local officials said they were concerned how the landscape of the cemetery would be impacted.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County