Aldermen approve rezoning for oil well operation
Published: November 6,2011
NATCHEZ — DRAYCO Exploration has received final approval for its proposed oil well operation that fronts Cemetery Road from the Natchez Board of Aldermen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the board approved an ordinance that rezones five acres on an 81-acre tract of land to permit the drilling and development of the oil well.
City Planner Bob Nix said the city’s agreement with DRAYCO requires the company to coordinate its operations with the school bus schedules, national and city cemetery events and city events, such as tours of homes that might be affected by well’s operation.
DRAYCO is also required to post a $100,000 performance bond to cover any damages to roads in the area.
Local officials said they were concerned how the landscape of the cemetery would be impacted.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics