Aldermen approve rezoning for oil well operation
by Associated Press
Published: November 6,2011
NATCHEZ — DRAYCO Exploration has received final approval for its proposed oil well operation that fronts Cemetery Road from the Natchez Board of Aldermen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the board approved an ordinance that rezones five acres on an 81-acre tract of land to permit the drilling and development of the oil well.
City Planner Bob Nix said the city’s agreement with DRAYCO requires the company to coordinate its operations with the school bus schedules, national and city cemetery events and city events, such as tours of homes that might be affected by well’s operation.
DRAYCO is also required to post a $100,000 performance bond to cover any damages to roads in the area.
Local officials said they were concerned how the landscape of the cemetery would be impacted.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain