Aldermen approve rezoning for oil well operation
Published: November 6,2011
NATCHEZ — DRAYCO Exploration has received final approval for its proposed oil well operation that fronts Cemetery Road from the Natchez Board of Aldermen.
The Natchez Democrat reports the board approved an ordinance that rezones five acres on an 81-acre tract of land to permit the drilling and development of the oil well.
City Planner Bob Nix said the city’s agreement with DRAYCO requires the company to coordinate its operations with the school bus schedules, national and city cemetery events and city events, such as tours of homes that might be affected by well’s operation.
DRAYCO is also required to post a $100,000 performance bond to cover any damages to roads in the area.
Local officials said they were concerned how the landscape of the cemetery would be impacted.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge