Firm announces staff news
Fran Murphy has joined Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C. as an associate. She practices in the area of general civil litigation.
She is a May 2011 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. In 2006, she earned a bachelor of business administration in economics from Mississippi State University. While in law school, Murphy was an associate articles editor of the University of Mississippi Law Journal, served as a research assistant to Dean Samuel Davis and received an Outstanding Student Award for Workers’ Compensation, Legislation and Constitutional Law II.
Murphy, an Ocean Springs native, has been admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and Tennessee. She is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and Jackson County Young Lawyers Association.
In a separate item, Maria M. Cobb, managing partner of Rushing & Guice and Renaissance Title, LLC, has been elected Mississippi state director of the Dixie Land Title Association Inc. for the current year. Cobb is licensed to practice in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports