Firm announces staff news
Fran Murphy has joined Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C. as an associate. She practices in the area of general civil litigation.
She is a May 2011 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. In 2006, she earned a bachelor of business administration in economics from Mississippi State University. While in law school, Murphy was an associate articles editor of the University of Mississippi Law Journal, served as a research assistant to Dean Samuel Davis and received an Outstanding Student Award for Workers’ Compensation, Legislation and Constitutional Law II.
Murphy, an Ocean Springs native, has been admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and Tennessee. She is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and Jackson County Young Lawyers Association.
In a separate item, Maria M. Cobb, managing partner of Rushing & Guice and Renaissance Title, LLC, has been elected Mississippi state director of the Dixie Land Title Association Inc. for the current year. Cobb is licensed to practice in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Council wants more info on proposed baseball stadium