Firm announces staff news
Fran Murphy has joined Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C. as an associate. She practices in the area of general civil litigation.
She is a May 2011 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. In 2006, she earned a bachelor of business administration in economics from Mississippi State University. While in law school, Murphy was an associate articles editor of the University of Mississippi Law Journal, served as a research assistant to Dean Samuel Davis and received an Outstanding Student Award for Workers’ Compensation, Legislation and Constitutional Law II.
Murphy, an Ocean Springs native, has been admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and Tennessee. She is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and Jackson County Young Lawyers Association.
In a separate item, Maria M. Cobb, managing partner of Rushing & Guice and Renaissance Title, LLC, has been elected Mississippi state director of the Dixie Land Title Association Inc. for the current year. Cobb is licensed to practice in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager