Firm announces staff news
Fran Murphy has joined Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C. as an associate. She practices in the area of general civil litigation.
She is a May 2011 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. In 2006, she earned a bachelor of business administration in economics from Mississippi State University. While in law school, Murphy was an associate articles editor of the University of Mississippi Law Journal, served as a research assistant to Dean Samuel Davis and received an Outstanding Student Award for Workers’ Compensation, Legislation and Constitutional Law II.
Murphy, an Ocean Springs native, has been admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and Tennessee. She is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and Jackson County Young Lawyers Association.
In a separate item, Maria M. Cobb, managing partner of Rushing & Guice and Renaissance Title, LLC, has been elected Mississippi state director of the Dixie Land Title Association Inc. for the current year. Cobb is licensed to practice in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments