Firm announces staff news
Fran Murphy has joined Rushing & Guice, P.L.L.C. as an associate. She practices in the area of general civil litigation.
She is a May 2011 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. In 2006, she earned a bachelor of business administration in economics from Mississippi State University. While in law school, Murphy was an associate articles editor of the University of Mississippi Law Journal, served as a research assistant to Dean Samuel Davis and received an Outstanding Student Award for Workers’ Compensation, Legislation and Constitutional Law II.
Murphy, an Ocean Springs native, has been admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Mississippi and Tennessee. She is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association and Jackson County Young Lawyers Association.
In a separate item, Maria M. Cobb, managing partner of Rushing & Guice and Renaissance Title, LLC, has been elected Mississippi state director of the Dixie Land Title Association Inc. for the current year. Cobb is licensed to practice in both Mississippi and Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey