Fortenberry named best CNO
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.As CNO, Fortenberry leads nursing operations at Woman’s Hospital. Prior to being named to the position, she most recently served as nurse manager of a medical-surgical unit at River Oaks Hospital. Previous positions include Wound Care/Ostomy nurse and director of education for both River Oaks and Woman’s Hospitals.Fortenberry, a 29-year-veteran of the nursing field, earned a master’s of science in healthcare administration from Capella University and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi.She is a past recipient of River Oaks Hospital’s Nurse Manager of the Year Award. She is also a member of Mississippi Organization of Nursing Executives, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, American College of Healthcare Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.She is a board member of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and served as the Race for the Cure chair for 2009, 2010 and 2011. She is a past board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Mississippi and continues to serve as chair of the Wish Granting Committee and chairs Woman’s Hospital’s annual fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Peace, Love and Wishes. She also led the area March of Dimes Walk for Babies in both 2006 and 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects