Fortenberry named best CNO
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.As CNO, Fortenberry leads nursing operations at Woman’s Hospital. Prior to being named to the position, she most recently served as nurse manager of a medical-surgical unit at River Oaks Hospital. Previous positions include Wound Care/Ostomy nurse and director of education for both River Oaks and Woman’s Hospitals.Fortenberry, a 29-year-veteran of the nursing field, earned a master’s of science in healthcare administration from Capella University and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi.She is a past recipient of River Oaks Hospital’s Nurse Manager of the Year Award. She is also a member of Mississippi Organization of Nursing Executives, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, American College of Healthcare Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.She is a board member of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and served as the Race for the Cure chair for 2009, 2010 and 2011. She is a past board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Mississippi and continues to serve as chair of the Wish Granting Committee and chairs Woman’s Hospital’s annual fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Peace, Love and Wishes. She also led the area March of Dimes Walk for Babies in both 2006 and 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money