Fortenberry named best CNO
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.As CNO, Fortenberry leads nursing operations at Woman’s Hospital. Prior to being named to the position, she most recently served as nurse manager of a medical-surgical unit at River Oaks Hospital. Previous positions include Wound Care/Ostomy nurse and director of education for both River Oaks and Woman’s Hospitals.Fortenberry, a 29-year-veteran of the nursing field, earned a master’s of science in healthcare administration from Capella University and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi.She is a past recipient of River Oaks Hospital’s Nurse Manager of the Year Award. She is also a member of Mississippi Organization of Nursing Executives, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, American College of Healthcare Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.She is a board member of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and served as the Race for the Cure chair for 2009, 2010 and 2011. She is a past board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Mississippi and continues to serve as chair of the Wish Granting Committee and chairs Woman’s Hospital’s annual fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Peace, Love and Wishes. She also led the area March of Dimes Walk for Babies in both 2006 and 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet