Fortenberry named best CNO
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.
Woman’s Hospital chief nursing officer (CNO) Jeanne Fortenberry, RN, BSN, MS, recently earned the designation of CNO of the Year for the Division 4-Mississippi Division of Health Management Associates. The title distinguishes an individual as being among the elite of nurse leaders in Health Management’s organization.As CNO, Fortenberry leads nursing operations at Woman’s Hospital. Prior to being named to the position, she most recently served as nurse manager of a medical-surgical unit at River Oaks Hospital. Previous positions include Wound Care/Ostomy nurse and director of education for both River Oaks and Woman’s Hospitals.Fortenberry, a 29-year-veteran of the nursing field, earned a master’s of science in healthcare administration from Capella University and a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi.She is a past recipient of River Oaks Hospital’s Nurse Manager of the Year Award. She is also a member of Mississippi Organization of Nursing Executives, Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses, American College of Healthcare Executives and the Mississippi Hospital Association.She is a board member of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and served as the Race for the Cure chair for 2009, 2010 and 2011. She is a past board member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Mississippi and continues to serve as chair of the Wish Granting Committee and chairs Woman’s Hospital’s annual fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Peace, Love and Wishes. She also led the area March of Dimes Walk for Babies in both 2006 and 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments