KFCU gets new leaders
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Keesler Federal Credit Union has unveiled new executive leadership. Jeff Gerard has been named COO. He joined Keesler Federal’s management staff in 2008 as vice president of risk management. He has more than 25 years of experience in banking and leadership. Gerard is a certified business continuity professional, and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Ohio State University.
Mel Valenzuela has been promoted from vice president of lending to chief lending officer. He has a BBA in finance and real estate and a minor in economics from New Mexico State University and over 18 years of financial experience. He is a graduate of the Credit Union National Association School of Management, and a certified credit union executive student.
George Mitchell has joined Keesler Federal as chief retail officer. He comes to Keesler Federal from Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, Va., where he served as vice president of service delivery. Mitchell has over 30 years of experience managing sales and service with various financial institutions including Pentagon Federal Credit Union and E*TRADE Bank. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from University of Maryland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar