KFCU gets new leaders
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Keesler Federal Credit Union has unveiled new executive leadership. Jeff Gerard has been named COO. He joined Keesler Federal’s management staff in 2008 as vice president of risk management. He has more than 25 years of experience in banking and leadership. Gerard is a certified business continuity professional, and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Ohio State University.
Mel Valenzuela has been promoted from vice president of lending to chief lending officer. He has a BBA in finance and real estate and a minor in economics from New Mexico State University and over 18 years of financial experience. He is a graduate of the Credit Union National Association School of Management, and a certified credit union executive student.
George Mitchell has joined Keesler Federal as chief retail officer. He comes to Keesler Federal from Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, Va., where he served as vice president of service delivery. Mitchell has over 30 years of experience managing sales and service with various financial institutions including Pentagon Federal Credit Union and E*TRADE Bank. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from University of Maryland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Navy supercomputing power to grow
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release