KFCU gets new leaders
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Keesler Federal Credit Union has unveiled new executive leadership. Jeff Gerard has been named COO. He joined Keesler Federal’s management staff in 2008 as vice president of risk management. He has more than 25 years of experience in banking and leadership. Gerard is a certified business continuity professional, and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Ohio State University.
Mel Valenzuela has been promoted from vice president of lending to chief lending officer. He has a BBA in finance and real estate and a minor in economics from New Mexico State University and over 18 years of financial experience. He is a graduate of the Credit Union National Association School of Management, and a certified credit union executive student.
George Mitchell has joined Keesler Federal as chief retail officer. He comes to Keesler Federal from Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, Va., where he served as vice president of service delivery. Mitchell has over 30 years of experience managing sales and service with various financial institutions including Pentagon Federal Credit Union and E*TRADE Bank. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from University of Maryland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued