KFCU gets new leaders
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Keesler Federal Credit Union has unveiled new executive leadership. Jeff Gerard has been named COO. He joined Keesler Federal’s management staff in 2008 as vice president of risk management. He has more than 25 years of experience in banking and leadership. Gerard is a certified business continuity professional, and holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the Ohio State University.
Mel Valenzuela has been promoted from vice president of lending to chief lending officer. He has a BBA in finance and real estate and a minor in economics from New Mexico State University and over 18 years of financial experience. He is a graduate of the Credit Union National Association School of Management, and a certified credit union executive student.
George Mitchell has joined Keesler Federal as chief retail officer. He comes to Keesler Federal from Apple Federal Credit Union in Fairfax, Va., where he served as vice president of service delivery. Mitchell has over 30 years of experience managing sales and service with various financial institutions including Pentagon Federal Credit Union and E*TRADE Bank. He has a bachelor’s degree in economics from University of Maryland.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete