MVLP honors volunteers
The Mississippi Bar Center in Jackson has honored the top volunteer attorneys, law students and judges who have worked to assist low-income people with access to legal services. Chancery Judge Marie Wilson of Greenville was honored for allowing the Washington County Chancery Court to partner with MVLP to host quarterly “Pro Se Day” programs in which MVLP clients can attend legal clinics at the chancery court and have their legal matters heard before a chancellor on the spot.
The reception also honored the work of the nine members of the Mississippi Supreme Court. Members of the Supreme Court are Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr., Jackson; Presiding Justice George C. Carlson Jr., Batesville; Presiding Justice Jess H. Dickinson, Gulfport; Justice Michael K. Randolph, Hattiesburg; Justice Ann H. Lamar, Senatobia; Justice James W. Kitchens, Crystal Springs; Justice David A. Chandler, Ackerman; Justice Randy G. Pierce, Leakesville; and Justice Leslie D. King, Greenville.
Attorneys honored include: John Anderson, Hattiesburg; professor Deborah H. Bell, University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford; Gayla Carpenter-Sanders, Wells Marble & Hurst, Ridgeland; Mark A. Chinn, Chinn and Associates, Jackson; Courtney Cockrell, Morgan & Morgan, Jackson; A. La’Verne Edney and Kenya Rachal, Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Berkowitz, Jackson; Powell “Gee” Ogletree Jr., Adams and Reese, Ridgeland; Denita Smith, Jackson; Vangela Wade, The Wade Law Firm, Ridgeland; and, Robert C. Williamson Jr., Baria-Williamson, Jackson.
Many attorneys asked to remain anonymous.
Law students honored are Tchanavia Bryant of Mansfield, Texas; Frank Leli of Jacksonville, Fla.; Mallory Miller of Madison; and, Kate Morgan of Laurel.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters