Patterson earns certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Dr. Sharla Gayle Patterson, who specializes in breast surgery and is fellowship-trained in breast surgical oncology, has earned certification in breast ultrasound from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Patterson sees patients through University of Mississippi Health Care, a part of the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She is the only breast surgeon in Jackson with this distinction, and she joins two other surgeons in the state who have received the certification, one in Cleveland and one in Starkville.
A 2000 graduate of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Patterson completed a dual M.D./M.B.A. program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. After a general surgery internship from 2004-05 and a general surgery residency from 2005-09 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Patterson completed breast surgery fellowship at Emory University, Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study