Patterson earns certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Dr. Sharla Gayle Patterson, who specializes in breast surgery and is fellowship-trained in breast surgical oncology, has earned certification in breast ultrasound from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Patterson sees patients through University of Mississippi Health Care, a part of the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She is the only breast surgeon in Jackson with this distinction, and she joins two other surgeons in the state who have received the certification, one in Cleveland and one in Starkville.
A 2000 graduate of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Patterson completed a dual M.D./M.B.A. program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. After a general surgery internship from 2004-05 and a general surgery residency from 2005-09 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Patterson completed breast surgery fellowship at Emory University, Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip