Patterson earns certification
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 6,2011
Dr. Sharla Gayle Patterson, who specializes in breast surgery and is fellowship-trained in breast surgical oncology, has earned certification in breast ultrasound from the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Patterson sees patients through University of Mississippi Health Care, a part of the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She is the only breast surgeon in Jackson with this distinction, and she joins two other surgeons in the state who have received the certification, one in Cleveland and one in Starkville.
A 2000 graduate of Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Patterson completed a dual M.D./M.B.A. program at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. After a general surgery internship from 2004-05 and a general surgery residency from 2005-09 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Patterson completed breast surgery fellowship at Emory University, Atlanta.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability