Washington returns to DSU
Delta State University’s Department of Commercial Aviation recently welcomed Sam Washington as a new faculty member. Washington joins the aviation department teaching management courses in aviation safety, aviation law, human factors and introduction to aviation.
Prior to joining the faculty, Washington was Delta State’s director of procurement and auxiliary service, a position he began in 2003. In 2010 Washington left the position to start his own consulting firm, Wash 4 Management Group, LLC. His consulting and contractual services in procurement landed him a contract with the Jackson Municipal Airport Authority coordinating the recent Hawkins Field Air Show in Jackson.
Washington’s professional experience includes serving as an accounting auditor for the Mississippi Board of Nursing for nine years, serving the Yazoo County Department of Human Services in accounting and child support enforcement for over four years and serving part-time over the Debt Education for Business Transformation and Sustainability (DEBTS) Program for almost a year.
In 2006 he received a master’s degree in commercial aviation and in 2009 a master’s degree in business administration, both degrees from Delta State. From 2007 until 2009 he taught as an adjunct instructor. He is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in human capital development at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Originally from Yazoo City, Washington has always maintained a fascination with the aviation industry. While in college, he served in the Air Force ROTC, and joined the Air Force after graduating in 1986 with a degree in business administration. Upon returning home, he completed two six-year tours in the Mississippi Air Guard.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy