Job applications for Toyota plant surpass 40,000
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2011
BLUE SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security has collected more than 41,000 applications for Toyota’s plant at Blue Springs.
Toyota attracted applications from all 82 Mississippi counties, 44 other states and Puerto Rico.
The plant is expected to employ about 2,000.
Working through the MDES website, Toyota continues accepting applications for maintenance jobs at the Blue Springs plant. Toyota is no longer accepting applications for production jobs at the plant.
“This has been a highly successful partnership with Toyota,” MDES executive director Les Range said. “People were able to apply for these jobs from any computer with Internet access — whether that was at home, school or in our WIN Job Centers.”
In August 2010, MDES began collecting online applications for Toyota. The agency has maintained an online jobs database for years, but the partnership with Toyota is among the agency’s early ventures into allowing customers to complete job applications online.
MDES now is accepting online applications from Schulz Xtruded Products, LP, and Kior Inc. The agency soon will begin accepting online applications for Winchester Rimfire and others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Job applications for Toyota plant surpass 40,000”
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound