Job applications for Toyota plant surpass 40,000
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 7,2011
BLUE SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Employment Security has collected more than 41,000 applications for Toyota’s plant at Blue Springs.
Toyota attracted applications from all 82 Mississippi counties, 44 other states and Puerto Rico.
The plant is expected to employ about 2,000.
Working through the MDES website, Toyota continues accepting applications for maintenance jobs at the Blue Springs plant. Toyota is no longer accepting applications for production jobs at the plant.
“This has been a highly successful partnership with Toyota,” MDES executive director Les Range said. “People were able to apply for these jobs from any computer with Internet access — whether that was at home, school or in our WIN Job Centers.”
In August 2010, MDES began collecting online applications for Toyota. The agency has maintained an online jobs database for years, but the partnership with Toyota is among the agency’s early ventures into allowing customers to complete job applications online.
MDES now is accepting online applications from Schulz Xtruded Products, LP, and Kior Inc. The agency soon will begin accepting online applications for Winchester Rimfire and others.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “Job applications for Toyota plant surpass 40,000”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing