Waste Pro scraps plans to build facility in Meridian
Published: November 8,2011
Plans to build a recycling and solid waste transfer facility at Meridian’s South Industrial Park have been scrapped.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Waste Pro company now are looking at the possibility of building the facility at Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park instead.
Waste Pro, which performs residential garbage and recycling pick-up for the city of Meridian, first announced plans to build the transfer facility in July. The company currently has to drive its trucks to a Birmingham, Ala., facility.
A Waste Pro official said the company abandoned plans to build the facility at the South Industrial Park near the Meridian Regional Airport after it became clear that federal regulations about locating waste facilities near airports would make it difficult to put the facility there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release