Waste Pro scraps plans to build facility in Meridian
Published: November 8,2011
Plans to build a recycling and solid waste transfer facility at Meridian’s South Industrial Park have been scrapped.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Waste Pro company now are looking at the possibility of building the facility at Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park instead.
Waste Pro, which performs residential garbage and recycling pick-up for the city of Meridian, first announced plans to build the transfer facility in July. The company currently has to drive its trucks to a Birmingham, Ala., facility.
A Waste Pro official said the company abandoned plans to build the facility at the South Industrial Park near the Meridian Regional Airport after it became clear that federal regulations about locating waste facilities near airports would make it difficult to put the facility there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts