Waste Pro scraps plans to build facility in Meridian
Published: November 8,2011
Plans to build a recycling and solid waste transfer facility at Meridian’s South Industrial Park have been scrapped.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Waste Pro company now are looking at the possibility of building the facility at Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park instead.
Waste Pro, which performs residential garbage and recycling pick-up for the city of Meridian, first announced plans to build the transfer facility in July. The company currently has to drive its trucks to a Birmingham, Ala., facility.
A Waste Pro official said the company abandoned plans to build the facility at the South Industrial Park near the Meridian Regional Airport after it became clear that federal regulations about locating waste facilities near airports would make it difficult to put the facility there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief