Waste Pro scraps plans to build facility in Meridian
Published: November 8,2011
Plans to build a recycling and solid waste transfer facility at Meridian’s South Industrial Park have been scrapped.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Waste Pro company now are looking at the possibility of building the facility at Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park instead.
Waste Pro, which performs residential garbage and recycling pick-up for the city of Meridian, first announced plans to build the transfer facility in July. The company currently has to drive its trucks to a Birmingham, Ala., facility.
A Waste Pro official said the company abandoned plans to build the facility at the South Industrial Park near the Meridian Regional Airport after it became clear that federal regulations about locating waste facilities near airports would make it difficult to put the facility there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste