Waste Pro scraps plans to build facility in Meridian
by Associated Press
Published: November 8,2011
Plans to build a recycling and solid waste transfer facility at Meridian’s South Industrial Park have been scrapped.
The Meridian Star reports officials of the Waste Pro company now are looking at the possibility of building the facility at Sonny Montgomery Industrial Park instead.
Waste Pro, which performs residential garbage and recycling pick-up for the city of Meridian, first announced plans to build the transfer facility in July. The company currently has to drive its trucks to a Birmingham, Ala., facility.
A Waste Pro official said the company abandoned plans to build the facility at the South Industrial Park near the Meridian Regional Airport after it became clear that federal regulations about locating waste facilities near airports would make it difficult to put the facility there.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center