Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In fiscal year 2011, more than $163.9 million in federal government contracts and modifications were awarded to Mississippi businesses certified in the U. S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and HUBZone Programs, according to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG). This activity occurred Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011.
“The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the entire world,” says Janita R. Stewart, district director of the SBA Mississippi District Office.
In accordance with the FPDS-NG, firms located in designated HUBZones received $91,274,942 in sole source and competitive contracts in Mississippi.
“Also, small disadvantaged firms certified in SBA’s premier 8(a) program secured approximately, $72,630,146 in contracts,” Stewart adds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
6 Responses to “Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program