Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In fiscal year 2011, more than $163.9 million in federal government contracts and modifications were awarded to Mississippi businesses certified in the U. S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and HUBZone Programs, according to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG). This activity occurred Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011.
“The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the entire world,” says Janita R. Stewart, district director of the SBA Mississippi District Office.
In accordance with the FPDS-NG, firms located in designated HUBZones received $91,274,942 in sole source and competitive contracts in Mississippi.
“Also, small disadvantaged firms certified in SBA’s premier 8(a) program secured approximately, $72,630,146 in contracts,” Stewart adds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
6 Responses to “Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium