Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In fiscal year 2011, more than $163.9 million in federal government contracts and modifications were awarded to Mississippi businesses certified in the U. S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and HUBZone Programs, according to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG). This activity occurred Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011.
“The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the entire world,” says Janita R. Stewart, district director of the SBA Mississippi District Office.
In accordance with the FPDS-NG, firms located in designated HUBZones received $91,274,942 in sole source and competitive contracts in Mississippi.
“Also, small disadvantaged firms certified in SBA’s premier 8(a) program secured approximately, $72,630,146 in contracts,” Stewart adds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
6 Responses to “Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015