Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In fiscal year 2011, more than $163.9 million in federal government contracts and modifications were awarded to Mississippi businesses certified in the U. S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and HUBZone Programs, according to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG). This activity occurred Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011.
“The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the entire world,” says Janita R. Stewart, district director of the SBA Mississippi District Office.
In accordance with the FPDS-NG, firms located in designated HUBZones received $91,274,942 in sole source and competitive contracts in Mississippi.
“Also, small disadvantaged firms certified in SBA’s premier 8(a) program secured approximately, $72,630,146 in contracts,” Stewart adds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
6 Responses to “Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts”
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC