Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — In fiscal year 2011, more than $163.9 million in federal government contracts and modifications were awarded to Mississippi businesses certified in the U. S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) and HUBZone Programs, according to the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG). This activity occurred Oct. 1, 2010 to Sept. 30, 2011.
“The federal government is the largest buyer of goods and services in the entire world,” says Janita R. Stewart, district director of the SBA Mississippi District Office.
In accordance with the FPDS-NG, firms located in designated HUBZones received $91,274,942 in sole source and competitive contracts in Mississippi.
“Also, small disadvantaged firms certified in SBA’s premier 8(a) program secured approximately, $72,630,146 in contracts,” Stewart adds.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
6 Responses to “Businesses secure more than $163M in federal contracts”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image