Brown earns award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The president of Alcorn State University has received an award from a Pennsylvania State University alumni group. Penn State’s College of Education Alumni Society has chosen Dr. Christopher Brown for its 2011 Excellence in Education Award – the highest honor bestowed on alumni by the society.
Brown, Alcorn’s 18th president, earned a doctorate in higher education from Penn State after earning a bachelor’s degree at South Carolina State and a master’s in educational policy at Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player