Brown earns award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The president of Alcorn State University has received an award from a Pennsylvania State University alumni group. Penn State’s College of Education Alumni Society has chosen Dr. Christopher Brown for its 2011 Excellence in Education Award – the highest honor bestowed on alumni by the society.
Brown, Alcorn’s 18th president, earned a doctorate in higher education from Penn State after earning a bachelor’s degree at South Carolina State and a master’s in educational policy at Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62