Brown earns award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The president of Alcorn State University has received an award from a Pennsylvania State University alumni group. Penn State’s College of Education Alumni Society has chosen Dr. Christopher Brown for its 2011 Excellence in Education Award – the highest honor bestowed on alumni by the society.
Brown, Alcorn’s 18th president, earned a doctorate in higher education from Penn State after earning a bachelor’s degree at South Carolina State and a master’s in educational policy at Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital