Brown earns award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The president of Alcorn State University has received an award from a Pennsylvania State University alumni group. Penn State’s College of Education Alumni Society has chosen Dr. Christopher Brown for its 2011 Excellence in Education Award – the highest honor bestowed on alumni by the society.
Brown, Alcorn’s 18th president, earned a doctorate in higher education from Penn State after earning a bachelor’s degree at South Carolina State and a master’s in educational policy at Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability