Brown earns award
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The president of Alcorn State University has received an award from a Pennsylvania State University alumni group. Penn State’s College of Education Alumni Society has chosen Dr. Christopher Brown for its 2011 Excellence in Education Award – the highest honor bestowed on alumni by the society.
Brown, Alcorn’s 18th president, earned a doctorate in higher education from Penn State after earning a bachelor’s degree at South Carolina State and a master’s in educational policy at Kentucky.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development