Chapman named CFO
Kevin Chapman has been elected CFO for Renasant Corporation and Renasant Bank. Chapman joins current Renasant CFO Stuart Johnson as dual CFOs of the corporation and bank. Johnson will maintain his primary responsibilities of overseeing corporate governance, profitability analysis and internal accounting.
Chapman has been an executive vice president for the company since January, 2011 and corporate controller of the company since May, 2006. He has served as senior executive vice president and chief strategy officer of Renasant Bank since January, 2011. Chapman will continue in these roles while serving as CFO.
Prior to joining Renasant, Chapman served as corporate controller for a large regional bank and as an accountant with Ernst and Young in Birmingham, Ala.
Chapman received his M.B.A. and B.S. in accounting from Troy University. He is a licensed C.P.A. in the state of Alabama.
Chapman serves on the Executive Council for Young Bankers of the Mississippi Bankers Association.
A Florida Panhandle native, Chapman is married to the former Tammy Thompson and they have five sons. The Chapmans reside in Tupelo.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability