Currier elected officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Dr. Mary Currier, MPH, state health officer of the Mississippi State Board of Health, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Currier became Mississippi’s state health officer in 2010 after serving as state epidemiologist from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2007 to 2009.
Prior to serving as state epidemiologist, she was a medical consultant with the agency. Currier began her public health career with the Mississippi State Department of Health as a staff physician for the prenatal care, family planning, STD and pediatrics programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money