Currier elected officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Dr. Mary Currier, MPH, state health officer of the Mississippi State Board of Health, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Currier became Mississippi’s state health officer in 2010 after serving as state epidemiologist from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2007 to 2009.
Prior to serving as state epidemiologist, she was a medical consultant with the agency. Currier began her public health career with the Mississippi State Department of Health as a staff physician for the prenatal care, family planning, STD and pediatrics programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip