Currier elected officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Dr. Mary Currier, MPH, state health officer of the Mississippi State Board of Health, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Currier became Mississippi’s state health officer in 2010 after serving as state epidemiologist from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2007 to 2009.
Prior to serving as state epidemiologist, she was a medical consultant with the agency. Currier began her public health career with the Mississippi State Department of Health as a staff physician for the prenatal care, family planning, STD and pediatrics programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment