Currier elected officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Dr. Mary Currier, MPH, state health officer of the Mississippi State Board of Health, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Currier became Mississippi’s state health officer in 2010 after serving as state epidemiologist from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2007 to 2009.
Prior to serving as state epidemiologist, she was a medical consultant with the agency. Currier began her public health career with the Mississippi State Department of Health as a staff physician for the prenatal care, family planning, STD and pediatrics programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss