Currier elected officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Dr. Mary Currier, MPH, state health officer of the Mississippi State Board of Health, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials. Currier became Mississippi’s state health officer in 2010 after serving as state epidemiologist from 1993 to 2003 and again from 2007 to 2009.
Prior to serving as state epidemiologist, she was a medical consultant with the agency. Currier began her public health career with the Mississippi State Department of Health as a staff physician for the prenatal care, family planning, STD and pediatrics programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities