by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The Mississippi Transportation Commission has recognized MDOT enforcement officer Andrew Dellapenna for courageous actions that went above and beyond the call of duty. In February, Dellapenna responded to a report of a fisherman falling into frigid waters in a private lake near Kewanee in Lauderdale County. Upon arriving at the scene, he heard cries for help and observed a boat with an occupant holding onto a person in the water. A volunteer fireman had already entered the water to assist the victim, but he also became distressed.
Dellapenna entered the water and was able to assist both men. One of the men was unresponsive and was given medical attention at the shore by EMTs. Both the fisherman and fireman were taken to a nearby hospital, but unfortunately, neither survived.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts