by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The Mississippi Transportation Commission has recognized MDOT enforcement officer Andrew Dellapenna for courageous actions that went above and beyond the call of duty. In February, Dellapenna responded to a report of a fisherman falling into frigid waters in a private lake near Kewanee in Lauderdale County. Upon arriving at the scene, he heard cries for help and observed a boat with an occupant holding onto a person in the water. A volunteer fireman had already entered the water to assist the victim, but he also became distressed.
Dellapenna entered the water and was able to assist both men. One of the men was unresponsive and was given medical attention at the shore by EMTs. Both the fisherman and fireman were taken to a nearby hospital, but unfortunately, neither survived.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip