by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
The Mississippi Transportation Commission has recognized MDOT enforcement officer Andrew Dellapenna for courageous actions that went above and beyond the call of duty. In February, Dellapenna responded to a report of a fisherman falling into frigid waters in a private lake near Kewanee in Lauderdale County. Upon arriving at the scene, he heard cries for help and observed a boat with an occupant holding onto a person in the water. A volunteer fireman had already entered the water to assist the victim, but he also became distressed.
Dellapenna entered the water and was able to assist both men. One of the men was unresponsive and was given medical attention at the shore by EMTs. Both the fisherman and fireman were taken to a nearby hospital, but unfortunately, neither survived.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge