Howard made lt. col.
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) deputy commander Lt. Col. Jonathan Howell has been promoted from major. Howell, who began his tour at ERDC’s Vicksburg campus in January 2010, has served the Army and the Corps of Engineers since 1994.
Prior to joining ERDC, Howell provided training for units deploying to Afghanistan and Iraq while assigned to Fort Polk, La., with the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC), an assignment that introduced him to ERDC engineers. Following his JRTC assignment, Howell was assigned to the Battle Command Training Program at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. In 2008, Howell deployed to Iraq as a combat advisor to the Iraqi Army leading a Military Transition Team. Other assignments include: maintenance platoon leader and assault & obstacle platoon leader for Company C, 2d Engineer Battalion in the Republic of Korea (ROK); executive officer for the 50th Engineer Company (Assault Float Bridge) providing theater river crossing to the Eighth United States Army in the ROK; staff officer in the 8th Engineer Battalion supporting the 3d “Greywolf” Brigade of the 1st Cavalry; and captain in command of both Company B, 44th Engineer Battalion in support of 1st Battalion, 9th Infantry Regiment and the 2d Infantry Division’s Headquarters Company.
His awards include the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal and the Korean Defense Service Medal.
Howell has a bachelor’s in aerospace engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and a master’s from LSU. He also has a military master’s from the Command General Staff College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal