MHA adds Combs
Gwen Combs has joined the staff of the Mississippi Hospital Association as vice president for policy. Combs recently retired from the state, having served as deputy general counsel for the Mississippi Bar for seven years, special assistant attorney general assigned to the Division of Medicaid for 10 years, deputy administrator for the Division of Medicaid for two years, senior staff attorney for the Mississippi Supreme Court for four years and law clerk to then-Presiding Justice Dan Lee of the Mississippi Supreme Court for two years.
Gwen is a member of the American Bar Association and its Health Law Section, and the Mississippi Bar, where she serves on the Ethics Committee.
Combs received her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law, graduating with Special Distinction in 1987. She served as Senior Associate Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review and her case note was published in 1986. Gwen has a master’s degree in English from Western Illinois University in Macomb, Ill., and a bachelor’s degree in English from Kentucky Wesleyan College, in Owensboro, Ky.
Gwen and her husband, Perry, reside in Jackson. They are the parents of two sons, Ian Combs of Fairhope, Ala., and Evan Combs of Hattiesburg, and the grandparents of Savannah Marie and Lucas Gregory Combs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'