MHA adds Combs
Gwen Combs has joined the staff of the Mississippi Hospital Association as vice president for policy. Combs recently retired from the state, having served as deputy general counsel for the Mississippi Bar for seven years, special assistant attorney general assigned to the Division of Medicaid for 10 years, deputy administrator for the Division of Medicaid for two years, senior staff attorney for the Mississippi Supreme Court for four years and law clerk to then-Presiding Justice Dan Lee of the Mississippi Supreme Court for two years.
Gwen is a member of the American Bar Association and its Health Law Section, and the Mississippi Bar, where she serves on the Ethics Committee.
Combs received her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law, graduating with Special Distinction in 1987. She served as Senior Associate Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review and her case note was published in 1986. Gwen has a master’s degree in English from Western Illinois University in Macomb, Ill., and a bachelor’s degree in English from Kentucky Wesleyan College, in Owensboro, Ky.
Gwen and her husband, Perry, reside in Jackson. They are the parents of two sons, Ian Combs of Fairhope, Ala., and Evan Combs of Hattiesburg, and the grandparents of Savannah Marie and Lucas Gregory Combs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month