MHA adds Combs
Gwen Combs has joined the staff of the Mississippi Hospital Association as vice president for policy. Combs recently retired from the state, having served as deputy general counsel for the Mississippi Bar for seven years, special assistant attorney general assigned to the Division of Medicaid for 10 years, deputy administrator for the Division of Medicaid for two years, senior staff attorney for the Mississippi Supreme Court for four years and law clerk to then-Presiding Justice Dan Lee of the Mississippi Supreme Court for two years.
Gwen is a member of the American Bar Association and its Health Law Section, and the Mississippi Bar, where she serves on the Ethics Committee.
Combs received her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law, graduating with Special Distinction in 1987. She served as Senior Associate Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review and her case note was published in 1986. Gwen has a master’s degree in English from Western Illinois University in Macomb, Ill., and a bachelor’s degree in English from Kentucky Wesleyan College, in Owensboro, Ky.
Gwen and her husband, Perry, reside in Jackson. They are the parents of two sons, Ian Combs of Fairhope, Ala., and Evan Combs of Hattiesburg, and the grandparents of Savannah Marie and Lucas Gregory Combs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL