SoilTech welcomes O’Brien
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Marvin Edward “Mike” O’Brien, P.E., recently joined the staff of SoilTech Consultants Inc. of Ridgeland. O’Brien, a native of Magnolia, has over 40 years of construction material experience, and retired from the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) in December 2010 as the assistant state materials engineer.
A graduate of Southwest Junior College and Mississippi State University, O’Brien began his engineering career at McDonnell Aircraft Company in the High Temperature Testing Lab, where he worked on the Space Shuttle heat shield. He returned home to Mississippi and worked for Jackson Ready Mix Concrete performing material testing on various concrete products. O’Brien then worked for Brown and Root Inc. as a concrete specialist on projects world-wide, followed by a career of over 17 years with MDOT.
O’Brien was certified as a professional engineer in 1973. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state