SoilTech welcomes O’Brien
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Marvin Edward “Mike” O’Brien, P.E., recently joined the staff of SoilTech Consultants Inc. of Ridgeland. O’Brien, a native of Magnolia, has over 40 years of construction material experience, and retired from the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) in December 2010 as the assistant state materials engineer.
A graduate of Southwest Junior College and Mississippi State University, O’Brien began his engineering career at McDonnell Aircraft Company in the High Temperature Testing Lab, where he worked on the Space Shuttle heat shield. He returned home to Mississippi and worked for Jackson Ready Mix Concrete performing material testing on various concrete products. O’Brien then worked for Brown and Root Inc. as a concrete specialist on projects world-wide, followed by a career of over 17 years with MDOT.
O’Brien was certified as a professional engineer in 1973. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years