SoilTech welcomes O’Brien
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Marvin Edward “Mike” O’Brien, P.E., recently joined the staff of SoilTech Consultants Inc. of Ridgeland. O’Brien, a native of Magnolia, has over 40 years of construction material experience, and retired from the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) in December 2010 as the assistant state materials engineer.
A graduate of Southwest Junior College and Mississippi State University, O’Brien began his engineering career at McDonnell Aircraft Company in the High Temperature Testing Lab, where he worked on the Space Shuttle heat shield. He returned home to Mississippi and worked for Jackson Ready Mix Concrete performing material testing on various concrete products. O’Brien then worked for Brown and Root Inc. as a concrete specialist on projects world-wide, followed by a career of over 17 years with MDOT.
O’Brien was certified as a professional engineer in 1973. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders