SoilTech welcomes O’Brien
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Marvin Edward “Mike” O’Brien, P.E., recently joined the staff of SoilTech Consultants Inc. of Ridgeland. O’Brien, a native of Magnolia, has over 40 years of construction material experience, and retired from the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) in December 2010 as the assistant state materials engineer.
A graduate of Southwest Junior College and Mississippi State University, O’Brien began his engineering career at McDonnell Aircraft Company in the High Temperature Testing Lab, where he worked on the Space Shuttle heat shield. He returned home to Mississippi and worked for Jackson Ready Mix Concrete performing material testing on various concrete products. O’Brien then worked for Brown and Root Inc. as a concrete specialist on projects world-wide, followed by a career of over 17 years with MDOT.
O’Brien was certified as a professional engineer in 1973. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal