SoilTech welcomes O’Brien
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Marvin Edward “Mike” O’Brien, P.E., recently joined the staff of SoilTech Consultants Inc. of Ridgeland. O’Brien, a native of Magnolia, has over 40 years of construction material experience, and retired from the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) in December 2010 as the assistant state materials engineer.
A graduate of Southwest Junior College and Mississippi State University, O’Brien began his engineering career at McDonnell Aircraft Company in the High Temperature Testing Lab, where he worked on the Space Shuttle heat shield. He returned home to Mississippi and worked for Jackson Ready Mix Concrete performing material testing on various concrete products. O’Brien then worked for Brown and Root Inc. as a concrete specialist on projects world-wide, followed by a career of over 17 years with MDOT.
O’Brien was certified as a professional engineer in 1973. He is a member of the American Concrete Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing