Who are Mississippi’s greatest football players? Book has the scoop
by Lynn Lofton
Published: November 13,2011
Books about football are popping up all over Mississippi — imagine that! Doubtless, many coffee tables across the state will be graced by “Mississippi’s 100 Greatest Football Players of All Time”, and lots of men will happily find this book under the Christmas tree this year.
This book’s 160 pages and photographs is sure to stir much interest as even non-football fans — yes, there are some in Mississippi — will be curious to see who’s ranked among this hallowed number, who’s number one and who’s number 100; not to mention who doesn’t make the cut. The 100 greatest players list will most likely be a moving target as new players take the field year after year. Get ready; there will be future supplements to this book.
Emily Gatlin, manager of Reed’s Gum Tree Bookstore in Tupelo, says Neil White’s new coffee table book ranks the state’s top football players from one to 100. “It also creates the all-time ‘dream teams’ with the best offense, defense and special teams players,” she said. “Included in the book are these sections: Every All American from Mississippi, Every All Pro from Mississippi, the winners of the Conerly Trophy, the top 10 Mississippians at every position, as well as the all time greatest Mississippi coaches and never-before-seen photographs.”
Signing events for the book, featuring football players, are planned at independent bookstores throughout Mississippi. Reed’s Gum Tree Bookstore plays host on Dec. 1 during its second annual Authorpalooza event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option