Who are Mississippi’s greatest football players? Book has the scoop
by Lynn Lofton
Published: November 13,2011
Books about football are popping up all over Mississippi — imagine that! Doubtless, many coffee tables across the state will be graced by “Mississippi’s 100 Greatest Football Players of All Time”, and lots of men will happily find this book under the Christmas tree this year.
This book’s 160 pages and photographs is sure to stir much interest as even non-football fans — yes, there are some in Mississippi — will be curious to see who’s ranked among this hallowed number, who’s number one and who’s number 100; not to mention who doesn’t make the cut. The 100 greatest players list will most likely be a moving target as new players take the field year after year. Get ready; there will be future supplements to this book.
Emily Gatlin, manager of Reed’s Gum Tree Bookstore in Tupelo, says Neil White’s new coffee table book ranks the state’s top football players from one to 100. “It also creates the all-time ‘dream teams’ with the best offense, defense and special teams players,” she said. “Included in the book are these sections: Every All American from Mississippi, Every All Pro from Mississippi, the winners of the Conerly Trophy, the top 10 Mississippians at every position, as well as the all time greatest Mississippi coaches and never-before-seen photographs.”
Signing events for the book, featuring football players, are planned at independent bookstores throughout Mississippi. Reed’s Gum Tree Bookstore plays host on Dec. 1 during its second annual Authorpalooza event.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi