Will Mississippi’s Twin Creeks go the way of Solyndra?
Obama and Barbour have bet on green energy winners and losers
Published: November 13,2011
>> OBAMA AND BARBOUR HAVE BET ON GREEN ENERGY WINNERS AND LOSERS.
Since its declaration of bankruptcy and subsequent FBI raid in early September, solar manufacturing company Solyndra has stayed in the national news, and President Obama has come under fire from Republicans with allegations of crony capitalism.
This month the White House refused to provide documents regarding communications with Solyndra investors subpoenaed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Obama favored Solyndra, which received a federal loan guarantee of more than $500 million, touting it as a green jobs provider.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told The Hill: “I want to see…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency