Will Mississippi’s Twin Creeks go the way of Solyndra?
Obama and Barbour have bet on green energy winners and losers
Published: November 13,2011
>> OBAMA AND BARBOUR HAVE BET ON GREEN ENERGY WINNERS AND LOSERS.
Since its declaration of bankruptcy and subsequent FBI raid in early September, solar manufacturing company Solyndra has stayed in the national news, and President Obama has come under fire from Republicans with allegations of crony capitalism.
This month the White House refused to provide documents regarding communications with Solyndra investors subpoenaed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Obama favored Solyndra, which received a federal loan guarantee of more than $500 million, touting it as a green jobs provider.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told The Hill: “I want to see…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo