Will Mississippi’s Twin Creeks go the way of Solyndra?
Obama and Barbour have bet on green energy winners and losers
Published: November 13,2011
>> OBAMA AND BARBOUR HAVE BET ON GREEN ENERGY WINNERS AND LOSERS.
Since its declaration of bankruptcy and subsequent FBI raid in early September, solar manufacturing company Solyndra has stayed in the national news, and President Obama has come under fire from Republicans with allegations of crony capitalism.
This month the White House refused to provide documents regarding communications with Solyndra investors subpoenaed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Obama favored Solyndra, which received a federal loan guarantee of more than $500 million, touting it as a green jobs provider.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told The Hill: “I want to see…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015