Will Mississippi’s Twin Creeks go the way of Solyndra?
Obama and Barbour have bet on green energy winners and losers
Published: November 13,2011
>> OBAMA AND BARBOUR HAVE BET ON GREEN ENERGY WINNERS AND LOSERS.
Since its declaration of bankruptcy and subsequent FBI raid in early September, solar manufacturing company Solyndra has stayed in the national news, and President Obama has come under fire from Republicans with allegations of crony capitalism.
This month the White House refused to provide documents regarding communications with Solyndra investors subpoenaed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Obama favored Solyndra, which received a federal loan guarantee of more than $500 million, touting it as a green jobs provider.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, told The Hill: “I want to see…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal