Witte wins fellowship
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Evert Witte of Bay St. Louis has earned The Jane Crater Hiatt Artist Fellowship. The grant of $15,000 was awarded recently to Witte, whose abstract paintings are included in the 2011 Mississippi Invitational, on view at the Mississippi Museum of Art through Feb. 5, 2012.
The fellowship recipient is determined by a panel of jurors following the selection of artists whose work is to be exhibited in the Mississippi Invitational. Past fellows include Kevin Turner in 2005, Norma Sanders Bourdeaux in 2007 and Lee Renniger in 2009.
Witte will use the fellowship to live and work in the environments the renaissance artists created in Rome, Florence and Venice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement