Witte wins fellowship
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Evert Witte of Bay St. Louis has earned The Jane Crater Hiatt Artist Fellowship. The grant of $15,000 was awarded recently to Witte, whose abstract paintings are included in the 2011 Mississippi Invitational, on view at the Mississippi Museum of Art through Feb. 5, 2012.
The fellowship recipient is determined by a panel of jurors following the selection of artists whose work is to be exhibited in the Mississippi Invitational. Past fellows include Kevin Turner in 2005, Norma Sanders Bourdeaux in 2007 and Lee Renniger in 2009.
Witte will use the fellowship to live and work in the environments the renaissance artists created in Rome, Florence and Venice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year