Witte wins fellowship
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Evert Witte of Bay St. Louis has earned The Jane Crater Hiatt Artist Fellowship. The grant of $15,000 was awarded recently to Witte, whose abstract paintings are included in the 2011 Mississippi Invitational, on view at the Mississippi Museum of Art through Feb. 5, 2012.
The fellowship recipient is determined by a panel of jurors following the selection of artists whose work is to be exhibited in the Mississippi Invitational. Past fellows include Kevin Turner in 2005, Norma Sanders Bourdeaux in 2007 and Lee Renniger in 2009.
Witte will use the fellowship to live and work in the environments the renaissance artists created in Rome, Florence and Venice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on