Witte wins fellowship
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Evert Witte of Bay St. Louis has earned The Jane Crater Hiatt Artist Fellowship. The grant of $15,000 was awarded recently to Witte, whose abstract paintings are included in the 2011 Mississippi Invitational, on view at the Mississippi Museum of Art through Feb. 5, 2012.
The fellowship recipient is determined by a panel of jurors following the selection of artists whose work is to be exhibited in the Mississippi Invitational. Past fellows include Kevin Turner in 2005, Norma Sanders Bourdeaux in 2007 and Lee Renniger in 2009.
Witte will use the fellowship to live and work in the environments the renaissance artists created in Rome, Florence and Venice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers