Witte wins fellowship
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 13,2011
Evert Witte of Bay St. Louis has earned The Jane Crater Hiatt Artist Fellowship. The grant of $15,000 was awarded recently to Witte, whose abstract paintings are included in the 2011 Mississippi Invitational, on view at the Mississippi Museum of Art through Feb. 5, 2012.
The fellowship recipient is determined by a panel of jurors following the selection of artists whose work is to be exhibited in the Mississippi Invitational. Past fellows include Kevin Turner in 2005, Norma Sanders Bourdeaux in 2007 and Lee Renniger in 2009.
Witte will use the fellowship to live and work in the environments the renaissance artists created in Rome, Florence and Venice.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K