Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end
Published: November 14,2011
GREENVILLE — A neighborhood gathering place, the only spot in Greenville to get a Sunday New York Times, a stop for visiting writers and tourists and a Greenville Main Street landmark since 1965 is shutting its doors.
Hugh and Mary Dayle McCormick, the owners of McCormick Book Inn, tell the Delta Democrat Times the shop will close Nov. 30.
The McCormicks have been recognized for preserving and promoting the literary heritage of the Delta.
The shop also housed a mini-museum. Pictures of famous area writers and information on Greenville events like the 1927 Flood lined the walls and back room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner