Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end
Published: November 14,2011
GREENVILLE — A neighborhood gathering place, the only spot in Greenville to get a Sunday New York Times, a stop for visiting writers and tourists and a Greenville Main Street landmark since 1965 is shutting its doors.
Hugh and Mary Dayle McCormick, the owners of McCormick Book Inn, tell the Delta Democrat Times the shop will close Nov. 30.
The McCormicks have been recognized for preserving and promoting the literary heritage of the Delta.
The shop also housed a mini-museum. Pictures of famous area writers and information on Greenville events like the 1927 Flood lined the walls and back room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss