Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end
Published: November 14,2011
GREENVILLE — A neighborhood gathering place, the only spot in Greenville to get a Sunday New York Times, a stop for visiting writers and tourists and a Greenville Main Street landmark since 1965 is shutting its doors.
Hugh and Mary Dayle McCormick, the owners of McCormick Book Inn, tell the Delta Democrat Times the shop will close Nov. 30.
The McCormicks have been recognized for preserving and promoting the literary heritage of the Delta.
The shop also housed a mini-museum. Pictures of famous area writers and information on Greenville events like the 1927 Flood lined the walls and back room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete