Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end
Published: November 14,2011
GREENVILLE — A neighborhood gathering place, the only spot in Greenville to get a Sunday New York Times, a stop for visiting writers and tourists and a Greenville Main Street landmark since 1965 is shutting its doors.
Hugh and Mary Dayle McCormick, the owners of McCormick Book Inn, tell the Delta Democrat Times the shop will close Nov. 30.
The McCormicks have been recognized for preserving and promoting the literary heritage of the Delta.
The shop also housed a mini-museum. Pictures of famous area writers and information on Greenville events like the 1927 Flood lined the walls and back room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines