Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end
Published: November 14,2011
GREENVILLE — A neighborhood gathering place, the only spot in Greenville to get a Sunday New York Times, a stop for visiting writers and tourists and a Greenville Main Street landmark since 1965 is shutting its doors.
Hugh and Mary Dayle McCormick, the owners of McCormick Book Inn, tell the Delta Democrat Times the shop will close Nov. 30.
The McCormicks have been recognized for preserving and promoting the literary heritage of the Delta.
The shop also housed a mini-museum. Pictures of famous area writers and information on Greenville events like the 1927 Flood lined the walls and back room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Iconic Delta bookstore to close at month’s end”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)