PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2011
JACKSON — The wait for the report from the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Study Commission will be longer than expected.
The Governor’s Office announced the Nov. 15 deadline would be missed.
The statement from the governor reads: “Due to the complicated nature of the review of the state Public Employees’ Retirement System, the PERS Study Commission has advised me it will not complete its recommendations by Nov. 15. I am told the final report will be issued later this month.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'