PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2011
JACKSON — The wait for the report from the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Study Commission will be longer than expected.
The Governor’s Office announced the Nov. 15 deadline would be missed.
The statement from the governor reads: “Due to the complicated nature of the review of the state Public Employees’ Retirement System, the PERS Study Commission has advised me it will not complete its recommendations by Nov. 15. I am told the final report will be issued later this month.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal