PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2011
JACKSON — The wait for the report from the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Study Commission will be longer than expected.
The Governor’s Office announced the Nov. 15 deadline would be missed.
The statement from the governor reads: “Due to the complicated nature of the review of the state Public Employees’ Retirement System, the PERS Study Commission has advised me it will not complete its recommendations by Nov. 15. I am told the final report will be issued later this month.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money