PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 14,2011
JACKSON — The wait for the report from the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Study Commission will be longer than expected.
The Governor’s Office announced the Nov. 15 deadline would be missed.
The statement from the governor reads: “Due to the complicated nature of the review of the state Public Employees’ Retirement System, the PERS Study Commission has advised me it will not complete its recommendations by Nov. 15. I am told the final report will be issued later this month.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “PERS Study Commission cannot hit report deadline”
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges