Council approves construction of Sportsplex facility
by Associated Press
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Laurel City Council has approved the construction of a nearly $300,000 facility at the Laurel Sportsplex in preparation for the 2013 World Series.
The Laurel Leader-Call reports the city will host the 2013 Dixie Youth World Series and the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series.
The city will use the money to build press box facility at the sportsplex.
Officials say both events will be held at the same time, which will be the first week of August 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'