Council approves construction of Sportsplex facility
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Laurel City Council has approved the construction of a nearly $300,000 facility at the Laurel Sportsplex in preparation for the 2013 World Series.
The Laurel Leader-Call reports the city will host the 2013 Dixie Youth World Series and the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series.
The city will use the money to build press box facility at the sportsplex.
Officials say both events will be held at the same time, which will be the first week of August 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again