Council approves construction of Sportsplex facility
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Laurel City Council has approved the construction of a nearly $300,000 facility at the Laurel Sportsplex in preparation for the 2013 World Series.
The Laurel Leader-Call reports the city will host the 2013 Dixie Youth World Series and the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series.
The city will use the money to build press box facility at the sportsplex.
Officials say both events will be held at the same time, which will be the first week of August 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma