Council approves construction of Sportsplex facility
by Associated Press
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Laurel City Council has approved the construction of a nearly $300,000 facility at the Laurel Sportsplex in preparation for the 2013 World Series.
The Laurel Leader-Call reports the city will host the 2013 Dixie Youth World Series and the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series.
The city will use the money to build press box facility at the sportsplex.
Officials say both events will be held at the same time, which will be the first week of August 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- News The Way You Want It!
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy