Council approves construction of Sportsplex facility
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Laurel City Council has approved the construction of a nearly $300,000 facility at the Laurel Sportsplex in preparation for the 2013 World Series.
The Laurel Leader-Call reports the city will host the 2013 Dixie Youth World Series and the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series.
The city will use the money to build press box facility at the sportsplex.
Officials say both events will be held at the same time, which will be the first week of August 2013.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions