Highway improvement project nearing completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of a project involving improvements to the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 84 in Laurel and along the southbound access ramp to Interstate 59.
The $3.1-million project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, involved adding an exclusive right turn lane from Congress Street south to the I 59 southbound on-ramp. It also included adding dual left turns to Highway 15 going west toward Collins and dual left turn lanes on Highway 84 going north toward Bay Springs.
Once the final inspection is issued, all work on the intersection improvement project will be completed. Along with roadway resurfacing and striping, traffic signals were upgraded to mast arm supports at the intersection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win