Highway improvement project nearing completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of a project involving improvements to the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 84 in Laurel and along the southbound access ramp to Interstate 59.
The $3.1-million project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, involved adding an exclusive right turn lane from Congress Street south to the I 59 southbound on-ramp. It also included adding dual left turns to Highway 15 going west toward Collins and dual left turn lanes on Highway 84 going north toward Bay Springs.
Once the final inspection is issued, all work on the intersection improvement project will be completed. Along with roadway resurfacing and striping, traffic signals were upgraded to mast arm supports at the intersection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status