Highway improvement project nearing completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of a project involving improvements to the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 84 in Laurel and along the southbound access ramp to Interstate 59.
The $3.1-million project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, involved adding an exclusive right turn lane from Congress Street south to the I 59 southbound on-ramp. It also included adding dual left turns to Highway 15 going west toward Collins and dual left turn lanes on Highway 84 going north toward Bay Springs.
Once the final inspection is issued, all work on the intersection improvement project will be completed. Along with roadway resurfacing and striping, traffic signals were upgraded to mast arm supports at the intersection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi