Highway improvement project nearing completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of a project involving improvements to the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 84 in Laurel and along the southbound access ramp to Interstate 59.
The $3.1-million project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, involved adding an exclusive right turn lane from Congress Street south to the I 59 southbound on-ramp. It also included adding dual left turns to Highway 15 going west toward Collins and dual left turn lanes on Highway 84 going north toward Bay Springs.
Once the final inspection is issued, all work on the intersection improvement project will be completed. Along with roadway resurfacing and striping, traffic signals were upgraded to mast arm supports at the intersection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case