Highway improvement project nearing completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 15,2011
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of a project involving improvements to the intersection of Highway 15 and Highway 84 in Laurel and along the southbound access ramp to Interstate 59.
The $3.1-million project, awarded to Tanner Construction Company, involved adding an exclusive right turn lane from Congress Street south to the I 59 southbound on-ramp. It also included adding dual left turns to Highway 15 going west toward Collins and dual left turn lanes on Highway 84 going north toward Bay Springs.
Once the final inspection is issued, all work on the intersection improvement project will be completed. Along with roadway resurfacing and striping, traffic signals were upgraded to mast arm supports at the intersection.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation