VT Halter Marine: Expansion to create 400 jobs
by Associated Press
Published: November 15,2011
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine says it expects to create as many as 400 new jobs with an expansion that will add ship and rig repair to its shipyard’s construction business.
The Jackson County Board of Supervisors on Monday agreed to apply for a $20-million Katrina Supplemental Community Development Block Grant for Halter Marine to help Halter diversify.
If approved, Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says the company will add $12 million of its own money for the expansion.
Halter wants to develop its south yard in Pascagoula into a repair facility for semi-submersible drilling rigs and new Panamax-sized ships. Plans are for machine shops and electrical shops and a large dry dock at the yard, which is on the west side of Bayou Casotte.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute